27 # Sprinkles

Hello

Back with an update .
Kindly ignore any errors or typos

Happy reading !
____

{ Let the little joys sprinkle }
________

Swara walked feeling jittery and nervous,  clueless about what to expect. She picked a simple floral midi … of pink and cream. A half sleeve and with a high waist, It fell below her ankles. A simple piece for casual days. Because she didn't have any specifics given on the occasion, she chose to go with her choice.

The dining table was buzzing as usual.  Especially when Durga Prasad Maheswari was around, the discussion ranged mostly around business updates and deals with Sanskaar being an active participant and their discussions were highly engaging. It offered her different perspectives, quite a few interesting ones.

Working with Sanskaar has rubbed her off too. She started taking a keen interest in trying to understand dynamics and thankfully Sanskaar willingly answered her questions … silly or serious all these months.

Little steps ,she thought.

She has no intentions to stick to an administrator role for long. She wanted to explore new horizons, but  didn't want to speak too early. After a year, she could put forward the proposal.

As of now, she was content with what life was offering her.

A financially secure job and Sanskaar Maheshwari. 

---------

Floral .. .looked lovely on her Sanskaar thought as his eyes moved to Swara making her way down.

Like a spring, in all its glory. With little to no makeup, she looked breathtaking in anything. Those feminine vibes … delicacy, and prettiness all wrapped together into one.

God! She was his.  And he intends to keep it that way.

A flicker and exchange of glances … and hidden smiles, he felt it all, the excitement of this newfound feeling as she sat straight across from him and then was chatting with Laksh. He turned away and carried on his discussion with his dad. He will have her all to himself …just in some time

A stolen glance again he saw her stiffen for a minute and loosen up .. his gaze followed to find his mother at another end … and he got an inkling. Last night… 

He better have a talk …

------------

Swara felt grateful that awkwardness was no longer there, at least she felt better under Annapurna’s gaze. There was still something, she couldn't point but the doubts in her eyes still lingered.

Wasn't it a few days back she was given a go-ahead? Did Annapurna aunty have second thoughts? Didn't she want her to be associated with Sanskaar? As a mother, she might have had plans ..many of them for her son. And what if she wasn't a fit? Swara gulped a glass of water to curb the panic rising inside her. 

Where did she stand? She wondered how she could broach this topic with Sanskaar. How would he react? He loved his mother more than anyone else. She has been witness to the bond they shared…the ease. If his mother didn't want her…. 

She watched Sanskaar exchange a quick word with his mother before they left. Swara took blessings too . Though the awkwardness lingered,  a gentle pat on the head definitely made her feel better. 

“I hope you will be back by tea time,” Annapurna added.  It was a clear hint to be back within a stipulated time. 

“Of Course Maa! Hum jaldi aa jayenge "Sanskaar gave her a bear hug. “Will you make my fav pakoda, please? It's been a while since I had them.” 

Cute, Swara thought, watching the duo. And he was rewarded with a smile and nod in return.

--------

They were in his car. In other circumstances, she would have admired Sanskaar and his cool looks. He had mostly been in those classic whites, blacks, and grays and rarely in colors, but bright definitely suited him.  The yellow  and blue offered a perfect contrast and paired with his aviator, That hair left unstyled he looked …total ‘oomph’

Her mind clouded with questions and she chose silence. Sanskaar glanced at her once and twice before he pulled the car to the side, jerking Swara out of thought. 

“Ok ! out with it, Swara Bose. Whatever is bothering you.” His fingers reached out to brush her tousled hair, “Tell me.” He added softly. Distress was the last thing he wanted on her face.

 He held her cheek, his thumb running up and down in a gentle caress. The softness was her undoing. On an a impulse gesture, her hand moved to his, held it, and stayed there. …"Last night …I, “ Swara hesitated, “ I felt awkward facing Annapurna aunty. I …” she paused.

Sanskaar grinned. “ Well! I know how that felt exactly. Heck ! I felt awkward facing my mother for the first time in years, but don't worry.” He assured, “ I think it’s time we tell her… you and me.”  He took a minute guessing Swara’s reaction. 

She held her breath, her eyes a mix of hope and confusion. “Are we?” Swara asked, trying to reconfirm, waiting for him to finish.

There were no love words exchanged, no promises last night. It was a heated passion that took over everything, overridden every sane thought. If actions are meant to imply she should have no doubts given their after moments but ….

Sanskaar pulled his hand back …and for a minute,  Swara felt she might have offended him by raising a question but the next minute she laughed out as he ran a hand over his heart with a playful grin.

“Ah! Swara Bose, Now don’t break my heart. I was about to put out a poster about us . And if you have any questions,” He continued, “I can turn back to the office and announce a holiday to the whole Maheshwari  Inc  ..so we can,” Sanskaar cleared his throat suggestively and broke into a giggle welcoming a smack from Swara.

 One more time, Sanskaar grabbed her hand. With a gentle tug, Her every breath seized, Swara simply stared and felt locked in those eyes. … her heart, now a  racing marathon. His hand moved up to her neck, tracing his mark … and felt a little shudder run through her. 

“After last night , you should have no doubts, Swara," He said in a soft, calm tone. “We are together”

---------

“Where are we going?  “ Swara asked, holding back her excitement. He said it was a surprise and she couldn't wait. Sanskaar looked at her and laughed at the cute pout. She is adorable and he definitely can't win over that cute face. He decided to give in.

“We are going to your place, the new one.” He said.  Swara took a minute to sink into the news.

“Has the application been approved? When and where is it? I can't wait to see it. Is it nearby or far off? Would there be transport? Which area is this?” Swara bombarded him with questions. 

Sanskaar smiled at her child-like excitement. He knew the importance Swara placed on ‘her space’. Though he would have loved having her around in Maheshwari Mansion, he was aware Swara wouldn't be comfortable for long. 

“Hold on Missy,” Sanskaar halted her, “You will have all your answers soon. And you are gonna love it.”  He added. For sure, he thought. It is exactly the place he would imagine Swara in …and he can't wait to give her a tour.

“Why wasn’t I told?” Swara complained in good spirits.

“I was sort of distracted lately,” Sanskaar gave her a mischievous grin. “A beautiful distraction, I would say.” Lowering his glasses, he gave her a playful wink. 

Did Sanskaar Maheswari just flirt with her? Her cheeks turning a slight red, Swara turned away smiling. She didn't want to be caught blushing.

But she was excited for this new chapter to unfold.

---------

So if you liked the chapter
Sprinkle that little star and few words

Next update : 🤔
___

Love
Lucky 💕