17 # Truth & Tease

Hello all

Here is the next update
Happy reading ❤️
__

{ The part where our leads pick a new game }
___

Sanskaar categorised himself as a coffee lover. He loved the kick of caffeine and often fell back on that delicious cup during work hours. He definitely has a special love for his mother Annapurna Maheswari’s adrak wali chai.  Nothing like a hint of ginger and the magic touch of his mother’s hands. 

And what made it more special? It marked the start of his day.  Those minutes when he caught up with his close confidant, his mother. That day, however, he didn't expect the question directed toward him.

“I saw you walking out of Swara’s room this morning. What is happening between you and Swara?”  The question was sharp and direct. Annapurna Maheswari might be the sweetest one on the block, but underneath was a woman of steel. The years of support she lent to his dad, taking care of every household responsibility, so he could focus on building a future for them were always helmed. His Dad held his mother in high regard and Sanskaar and Laksh were no less.

 For Sanskaar, a shy nerdy kid, his mother had been his best friend. The first person he shared his every little moment with, good or bad.  That was only till Kavita happened. The invisible walls he built around in defense  were formidable and even his mother couldn't get through. 

And she never complained, though he knew it hurt her, how he pushed everyone away and suffered in silence then. She waited and has been waiting for him to come around. Sanskaar knew his silence wasn't going to work today. His mother needed answers and he had to give them.

“Maa, aap jaise soch rahe waisa nahi.”  Sanskaar said slowly, “ I really didn't get a chance to talk to Swara after the incident.  I just wanted to check, if she is alright. Isliye main chala gaya.”

“And it couldn’t wait till morning? “Annapurna asked the next question, quietly stirring the sugar. 

Sanskaar pressed his hands together. It was a simple question. And it was not wrong from his mother’s view . Stepping out of Swara’s room at an inappropriate hour is definitely bound to raise questions. How could he explain his equation with Swara when he is tangled in his own feelings toward her? He was being drawn to Swara and it was a crazy unexplainable feeling.  The rush and restless Swara evoked him was new to him, but how could he …

Annapurna noticed her son’s silence. “Don’t think for a second I am doubting your intentions, Sanskaar,”  She said,  gently handing over the cup to him.  “ I know my Son. But, If there is anything you would like to share, I am always here.”

Only Sanskaar knew the tension that left his body. “Thanks, Ma,”  He sighed, grateful his mother understood his silence, and took a sip of tea. 

“Maa, please don't ask Swara about this.” Sanskaar threw in a word of caution to his mother who stood to leave. He didn't want Swara to feel uncomfortable. Annapurna smiled and walked up to Sanskaar and gently placed a hand on his hair.  “You like her. Don’t you?”

Sanskaar took a minute and nodded in yes. He was past denial stage. 

“Well! I like her too '' Annapurna smiled. “But don't sneak into her room at odd hours.” She added.

-----------

Swara woke up with a huge smile, feeling bright, and couldn't wait to see Sanskaar, wish him a good morning and if the stars are in her favor, a cup of coffee too. She didn't want to barge into his room. As she loitered around and checked with one of household, he hinted to her about Sanskaar and his love for the terrace in the morning. Swara didn't wait any longer …