30 # Embers

Hello ...

Here is the update
Happy reading ❣️
__

{The part where our leads try to fight it out }
___

They drove back in silence and it wasn't the first time. They say, Silence speaks volumes … Swara wasn't sure of the volume's part, but it definitely did play a part in their story. 

Between them, sometimes it had been comforting, soothing, and even exciting at times, but not strained. He did not spare a glance at her and when she tried to initiate conversation, the music blasted into high notes so contrary to his favorite jazz.

.

Swara took the message. He was in no mood for conversation.

------

The cold shoulder treatment continued when he opened the door for her and when they walked into Maheshwari Mansion. Annapurna definitely looked surprised as she wasn't expecting them so early. 

“We are done, Maa. I didn't see a point in staying back and I will have lunch in my room, please” which meant he was going be locked out of her reach, Swara thought grimly watching him leave and when Annapurna asked her for lunch …”Aunty , Mujhe bhook nahi hain ! I will go to my room.”

His feet halted for a minute. He was almost tempted to say, “Mera gussa khane pe nikalne ki zaroorat nahi.” then decided against it and strode off. Back in her room, Swara stared at lunch. Trust Annapurna aunty to send it across. But she was in no mood to eat but rather fight, scream or simply cry.. . why wouldn't he listen to her?

-------

Sanskaar looked at his lunch untouched. Oh! That reminded him he had reservations in place for them in one of the cozy restaurants. He had plans…a lot of them for the whole day, but No! She had to go and ruin it with her overthinking.

How could she even imply that he was bestowing some favor on her because of the intimacy they shared last night? How dare she think of him in such a way or about herself for that case.

It was a mere coincidence painted in the wrong way in her eyes. Then,  she had to throw a tantrum, skipping lunch. What did this woman think that he would eat in peace leaving her to starve, Sanskaar huffed impatiently.

---------

Annapurna decided she had a serious issue to deal with. Both lunches came back intact. It hasn't been tough for her to put one plus one. The change in moods and plans, from morning to noon, was all out there. Maybe her husband was right.

The volatile shifts would do no good to Swara and Sanskaar, if they intend to pursue a serious relationship. They need to know each other well. Passion makes it easy but patience, trust, and understanding are what make relationships work. And these kids will have to learn it their way. 

Perhaps she had been in a hurry given her fears stemming from her traditional mindset, but she carried no doubts about commitments from the side of Swara and Sanskaar. They would stick by but it was going to be a tough road ahead. 

Now she had some work to do.

---------------

Smile in the morning, Sulk in the evening. A wonderful way to describe his day, Sanskaar thought grudgingly as they sat for dinner. He couldn't skip, as Annapurna insisted and no excuses worked. “Your dad is coming home early and he wants to have dinner with everyone in his presence. 

Everyone included Swara too. So here he is, trying not to look at her while her eyes are fixed on him. Damn it. He has a weakness for the beauty they are. Now he caught a glimpse of hurt in them, like a doe in pain. He turned away for fear he would melt in them