11# A step together

Hello people

Feels good to be back .
Here is the next update.

Happy Reading 💕💕💕Ignore any errors or typos please
__

{ The part where our leads take a walk}
___

Discussing the kiss was out of context for both Swara and Sanskaar. Now on their way back home, from the party silence ruled, both lost in thoughts of their own. Swara couldn't recall how long they could have kissed. Sense and Time definitely didn't matter. She didn't want to think of how close she came to ripping a button or two of Sanskaar’s nice, crisp shirt. She must have been under the influence of some drug. Oh yes! A kiss from Sanskaar Maheshwari was nothing short of drugs.

Sanskaar had his own issues to deal with as he drove. Regrets? None! But what was he thinking? At a party? Anyone could have walked in but he seemed to care least. Nothing mattered that moment than Swara Bose kissing him and melting in his hands. He still couldn't get over the heated passion they shared,  just with a kiss. He almost was on the verge to pull the gown off his shoulder, running his lips on that slender curve of her neck …

It was for a few voices and alert footsteps, he pulled himself back. Only God knows how! The level of control it took. Swara still seemed dazed. He simply grabbed her hand and they were out of the party in a few minutes. 

It took a few degrees of chilled breeze for Swara to push herself out of her delirious state. All she knew was he held her hand and she followed him blindly, her eyes focused on their joined hands.

For a moment she wondered at the perfection of hold. Their fingers entwined, filling gaps .. like they were meant to be, as fitting puzzle pieces. She waited as he pulled the car …and then the wheels rolled.

----

If it was for Kavita, and only her, maybe she would have thrown a temper tantrum. How dare he for the sake of his ex and all? but … after she left, the kiss they shared was beyond words. Backing to the wall, he kissed her with urgency, and her own eagerness to kiss him back …would have put her to shame, but she felt none. She felt ‘desired’

Her first kiss would be this mind-blowing, she couldn’t have imagined it even in dreams. And she might just treasure it deep down in her heart, tucked safely. 

------

It wasn't just for Kavita, he knew. And the second kiss left no doubts. Maybe a slight protest from Swara could have brought him down to reality but the way she responded to his touch and kiss …there wasn't a chance. This woman is turning really dangerous for him, yet he was getting drawn like a moth to the flame.

------

It was quite late by the time they reached, Sanskaar noticed and he in no way wanted to leave Swara on her own on a deserted street. His natural protective instinct kicked in. He insisted on dropping her at the door despite her protests.

“No arguments,”  he told in a strict tone and was surprised she obliged.

She would have said a no but maybe she wanted this night to end with a little walk. A moonlit night with the silvery glow spread over like a blanket, the teasing breeze .. and two people who could be strangers, friends, or lovers. Every prospect was tempting, like unfolding from a book. Once in a while, it's fine to float to dreamland, No? They walked in silence. She didn't protest when he draped his coat over her shoulders wrapping her in warmth. 

Sanskaar took a look around,  his keen eyes taking in the locale. This part of the city he knew was underdeveloped and not an established residential area. It rang dim bells of alarm.

“Why here ?” he asked the first question that popped into his mind. And gave his reasons

Swara took a minute to comprehend this question. “Mr.Maheshwari, Not everyone can afford a mansion!” She teased. Noticing he was about to protest. “ I know, you didn’t mean it that way,” she added. Then she went on to explain how she craved a little space of her own and because of the same reasons he cited, she could afford a studio apartment even before she could join Maheswari Inc. It's on budget.

“Hostel never feels home,” Swara said, recalling her college and initial work days when she had to share a room with 4 others. “I always wanted a place which could be mine, even if it's rented, something  I could add a touch of my own. A place that feels ‘home’ once I step back after a long tiring day.  A quiet corner where I can read a book with coffee or a swing where I can simply put some music on to get totally lost ..or a window to gaze at stars at night. One day … “ she paused as if she was pulling herself out of a dream.

Her eyes could never hide a thing. He noticed the spark, the kid-like happiness, and the joy written all over her face. Soon, he thought.

“Thanks to DP sir, I feel more secure after taking up this role,” Swara said in all honesty. Her financial state was getting better. And she would always be indebted to him.

“I thought I heard you call him Uncle” Sanskaar pointed, recalling her visit to Maheshwari Mansion. His steps deliberately turned really slow. He didn't want this walk to end any soon. And wished she wouldn't notice.

“Only when I am with him “.Swara clarified, “ I respect him a lot and I want it that way when I converse with others. Even with you. Hope you don’t mind.”

Sanskaar nodded no ! impressive he thought with a little smile. He liked people who respected the humble beginnings and the people behind them. And his dad was one. Now he understood the reason why his family held Swara in high regard with more clarity. It felt good, she appreciated the love, care, and opportunity given. Swara Bose was different from all he met. And he liked the ‘different’. His smile widened as he noted her steps slowed down to match his pace.

_____

After a few minutes, Sanskaar eyed the apartment before him.  They took a small flight of stairs to reach the entrance.

It looked ‘small’ in all terms and Sanskaar watched Swara struggle a bit with the lock.“I requested the owner to fix it,”  Swara offered an explanation. He nodded, though in doubt. Should he get a security system installed? Or maybe he can come up with a better plan. His thoughts took a break at the sight of Swara.

Swara stood hesitant as the door opened and she turned to face Sanskaar. Should she invite him in? She didn't trust herself or her feelings toward him. And the idea of Sanskaar in her place, she already was a bundle of nerves. Yet she waited for a minute and cleared her tone.

“Would you like to come in? “ She asked, her heart jumping a beat or two. She wouldn't ride over the basic courtesy. She would deal with her feelings later.

Sanskaar studied Swara in silence and nodded no. He took a step back. Did he trust himself with her given how crazy she drove him this night? Probably not. And he knew better than to invade a girl’s space at an odd hour. 

“Good night, Swara!”  He murmured in a soft tone.

Good night Sanskaar ! Swara whispered, still lingering in the warmth of his soft tone. She was weak for ‘Soft Sanskaar Maheshwari ‘. And watched him step down.

Sanskaar turned at the end of the stairs. “Can you please go in and lock the door, so I can leave in peace? ” He asked, a small smile playing on his lips.

That earned him a grin as she nodded and disappeared behind the door, her smiling face imprinted on his mind. Like a dream.

Sanskaar walked back humming some random tune. He liked this night for many reasons, but ‘Swara Bose' was his favorite of all.

---------
Next update : Wed/ Thu.
Would love you know your thoughts .

Love
Lucky
__