9 #A Staged Play

Hello

Here is the next update
Further ones might be delayed. I am having a crazy week at work.

Happy reading .
Please ignore typos and errors found.
___

{the part where we have a blast from past}
________

The party in all its glitter and glamour was in full swing. Slightly hesitant at first , Swara was thankful Sanskaar was by her side and did major introductions till she felt comfortable.

“What if I do something wrong ? What if I  say something I don't mean to?” Swara asked back in the car. “I have never been to such parties before.” She admitted.

“I am sure you will have all of them floored by the end of the night , Miss Bose. You will do great.” He told her. And when she questioned why he was so confident in her abilities, his reply was something she is going to hold dear.

“You have something in you. Some Magic, I can't name , but it makes it hard not to like you. So getting along in a crowd of people should be the least of your concern.” Looking at slight apprehension on her face . “I will watch over you. Can you relax now?” 

He turned a jazz number and they both smiled at each other. 

-----------

Swara recalled one more tip Sanskaar gave her. “ Keep your eyes and ears open. These might be unofficial parties , but there is a lot of inside information that flows in and out. We should never miss a chance.” And Swara knew he was right. There were a wide variety of discussions going on and thanks to her time working with Sanskaar , she didn't feel lost and could add a thing or two of her own without looking like a fool and  took quick mental notes of bits she thought Sanskaar might find interesting.

Her eyes found Sanskaar now and then. Here and there as he shuffled between groups. Sometimes engrossed in serious discussion and once sharing a laugh over drinks.Charming as ever. And everytime,  he met her eyes, like he could spot her in the midst of the crowd . 

She was having an engaging conversation with one of the other EA’s . That's when she heard someone call out. 

“Hey Kavita!”  

Swara froze .Could she be the one? Her eyes moved to Sanskaar , she saw him turn rigid for a minute before he composed back. It was enough confirmation.

Following the line of his sight , she found herself  staring at a gorgeous woman who could bring the entire floor down. Swara felt a stab of womanly envy. Kavita was a dream in every sense, she would say. The way she turned most eyes on her spoke volumes. Dressed in a sexy black dress with a plunging neckline and a side slit exposing her slender legs to the view of the audience .

A shimmery makeup , her waist length hair left to flow ,  she came across as a stark contrast from her. Nothing simple..it's all out for show

Swara thought. She stood watching her wave and smile, making her way towards the group next to her.

Swara stood right next to the conversation. Eavesdropping might be bad , but she isn't missing on knowing this woman,  a little close. 

“Where’s Rohan?” One of them asked. Swara assumed it was her husband.

“Oh ! You know how boring he is ! “ Kavita sipped her drink. “ He doesn't like such parties. But someone has to make up.” She shrugged.

She shouldn’t have hurried to marry. Rohan looked like a better option then. He was nice …simply nice . Plain and boring. But maybe she wanted that. A chicken head to dance on her tunes. She got one , but where is the rush and challenge? Her marriage offered none.