Daughter Gets Period Unexpectedly in the Night /blurb/

This story contains: mentions of blood, period talk, fluff

{dad!harry - husband!harry - daughter age 12 - daughters name is Ella}

Y/n and Harry's daughter accidently leaks blood in her bed during the night when her period comes unexpectedly.

word count: 840

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella recently got her first period. That means her cycle has been irregular for a few months and she never knows exactly when she'll start. Which is unfortunate for her because now she's being woken up in the middle of the night with terrible cramps and the feeling of wetting herself.

Ella rushes to the bathroom and when she sits down to use the toilet, she see's her panties are covered in blood. She's only had about three periods so far and isn't an expert on dealing with them. So Ella does get scared and slightly startled seeing that much blood coming out of her.

After using the toilet, Ella realizes she doesn't have any pads (she doesn't use tampons yet out of person choice) in her bathroom because she forgot to tell her parents when she ran out on her last period. Now she knows she has to go wake her mum up and ask to borrow some from her.

As Ella leaves her room, she glances at her bed and notices the huge red puddle and feels like crying. This is so embarrassing to her. Not to mention the large stain on her pajama pants and blood soaked panties.

When Ella makes it to the room her parents are sleeping in, she nervously twist the knob and blindly walks up to her mum's side of the bed. Then taps on her shoulder. Y/n jumps from the abrupt touch and can just barley see the faint outline of her daughters figure. "Ella, what's the matter baby?" y/n questions.

"Mum, I sort of got my period in my sleep and leaked on my bed and through my clothes. And I ran out of pads and need to borrow one." Ella whispers shyly to her mum, hoping not to wake her dad Harry up, but unfortunately its too late for that.

"Wha..what's going on?" Harry asks in a raspy voice as he turns his body around to view his daughter and wife.

"She got her period and leaked in her bed and also needs to borrow a pad." y/n shamelessly tells her husband Harry. They're a very open family but Ella didn't always like that aspect of her life.

Y/n gets out of bed and walks Ella to her bathroom and grabs a pad out form under the sink for her. Then her mum realizes she didn't bring clean clothes, so being the good mum she is to her daughter, goes into Ella's room and grabs her clean underwear and pants.

When y/n walks into Ella's room, she instantly sees Harry working on removing his daughters bloody sheets, showing only signs of sympathy rather than disgust. Periods doesn't bother Harry. He grew up around females and has been married to y/n for fifteen years, so he's well accustomed to the female mensuration cycle and all that comes with it.

Y/n finds the clothing needed in her daughters drawers and quickly goes back to her and Harry's shared bathroom to hand them to her. Ella takes the clothes from her mum and discards the soiled ones still on her body. Then she puts the pad in her underwear, just like her mum had taught her when she had gotten her period the first time.

After that, she comes walking out of her parents bathroom and see's neither of them are in their room. So Ella goes back down the hall and into her room where she sees both Harry and y/n working together to put clean sheets over her mattress.

Harry turns around when he hears foot steps enter and see's his daughter who looks rather embarrassed. He stops with the sheets, letting y/n continue alone, and walks over to Ella and wraps his tattooed arms around her body.

Ella whispers in her dad's chest, "I'm sorry for ruining my sheets."

"Hey," Harry pulls the hug back to look at his daughter in the face, "there is no need to be embarrassed. Periods are a natural and healthy thing to occur and you can't always predict when it'll come. It isn't your fault you leaked in your sleep. Alright baby girl."

By the time Ella and Harry finish their father/daughter hug, y/n has completely made her daughters bed for her. Clean sheets and clean covers. Ella thanks both her parents for taking time out in the middle of the night to help change her sheets that got ruined by her period blood.

Right as Ella goes to get back into her bed, Harry tells her he placed some pain medicine on her night stand and Ella takes the pills happily with the glass of water. Her dad is the best she thinks quietly. Then Ella gets under the clean covers and her parents come around her bed, bending down to give her a kiss on the forehead and exit her room to go back to sleep in their bedroom together. Finally, Ella drifts back to sleep with a clean pad and dry sheets and a cramped tummy that hopefully soon with disappear.