Sub Reader Feeling Anxious /blurb/

Anonymous asked:

what about a fic about subby reader feeling anxious and harry comforting her ?

AN: i know the request said subby reader but i decided to just write reader as being needy for comfort. so its not necessarily the reader being subby but you might could interrupt it that way i guess. anyways, hope you enjoy. please give me feedback, who ever requested this!!!!

This story contains: PURE FLUFF

{ husband!harry- no kids - soft!harry - any harry era }

word count: 968

You interrupt Harry's nightly reading by crawling into his lap and end up falling asleep from his soothing reading voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's in bed reading one of his many books before sleep like he does every night. Its something that helps his mind shut off from the madness of the world we currently live in. He has some lavender tea on his bedside table and his reading glasses propped on the bridge of his pointy nose.

You're downstairs in your office doing some work on your computer. You usually allowed Harry time to read alone before bed because you know how important his nightly reading truly is to him. Some nights its easy to let him be and not bother him and other nights its not so easy. Like tonight.

Trying to focus on your computer screen has become a struggle. Your heart rate has quickened for no reason at all and it feels like bricks are laid upon your chest. All this lets you know you're having anxiety. Why, you're unsure. Your anxiety tends to come in waves and random waves at that. So you never really know when you'll feel anxious or not.

You really try and stay put, not wanting to disturb your husband but eventually you can't take it anymore. You need comfort. The warm touch of Harry's cozy body. The smell of him to engulf your nose and the gentle touch he brings in times of uneasiness.

So you shut down your computer monitor and make your way up the stairs and to your bedroom. You notice a cool draft in your large house as you're walking, hitting the bare skin of your legs due to the shorts you're wearing. Then finally you make it to your bedroom door.

You slowly turn the knob of the bedroom door and instantly you're hit with the warm smell of Harry's lavender tea and the low hues of the room itself. Harry looks up from the pages of his book and smiles at your entrance. "You alright, m'love?" he questions softly.

Instead of replying back, you quietly make your way over to Harry's side of the bed and gently peel back the duvet, revealing his bare legs. (only in underwear and a t-shirt) Harry looks at you funny, wondering what in the world you're doing, but he's quick to get an answer when you hop up on the mattress and maneuver into his lap.

You pay no mind to the book in his hands and settle into his lap. Your legs bent by his sides as he's sat up against the headboard and your chest pressed against his. You lay your head on his shoulder and wrap your arms around his back, between him and his pillows. Harry's unsure of what to do or say honestly. Not that he's uncomfortable with your sudden neediness but more so confused as to what brought it on.

Knowing you owe him somewhat of an explanation, you mumble into the warm skin of his neck, "Was just feeling a bit anxious while working and needed your comfort s'all."

Harry signs sadly before asking in a whispered tone, "Want to go to sleep then or do you want me to finish my read and you lay like you are? Don't mind either way."

"Keep reading please. It's comforting to me. But can you read out loud and in your soft spoken voice that always puts me to sleep?" you answer tiredly. Just being in his hold has your eyes drooping and sleep threatening to take over.

"Course, m'love." Harry coos and settles back into the bed with your body kola bear hugging him. His arms are draped around your back and his chin rests on your shoulder. He pushes his glasses up some on his face and finds where he left off in his book. Then he begins reading again.

The words drip off his tongue like sweet honey. Each vowel sound that rolls off his tongue collects another z to add to your collection as your brain starts shutting down. You feel his hot, minty and lavender scented breath hit the skin on your shoulder. His steady heartbeat can be felt from his chest to yours and it washes away all the anxiety you once had.

Eventually Harry's eyes begin to burn as sleep craves dominance in his brain. The words on the paper pages start running together and that's when he knows its time to put his book away and go to sleep. As he's doing so, he realizes you're long gone into dreamland. Your once tight hold on his back has loosened and your body muscles have gone lax in his lap.

He smiles at the scene. Having his beautiful wife asleep in his lap, safe and peaceful is all he could ever want. Harry's not thinking about sex right now. He's not thinking about how you're sitting on his crotch and he's got a semi-hard tucked away in his boxers. All he's thinking about is how grateful he is he married you and how he's so lucky to have you called his wife.

Harry sets the book down on the bedside table along with his glasses and picks up the tea cup, bring it to his lips. He takes a few sips to finish the cup off and puts it back down before reaching for the lamp string to turn it off. Once the lamp that once lite up the room in a dull glow is off, Harry wraps his arms securely around your back and scoots down in the bed.

When he's basically laying flat, Harry pulls the heavy and warm duvet over your bodies and carefully turns on his side. Your body is still attached to his chest but just sideways now, facing each other. With you all safe and secure in his arms, Harry allows his eyes to flutter shut and he too falls into a well needed slumber.