CHAPTER 21: THE ACCIDENT

Minseok was playing with Jinyoung while Mirae just admired her little baby. 

Minseok- Appa, I want to have some ice-creams!!!

Jinyoung- okay!! Tell me the flavor!!

Minseok- I want strawberry!!!

Jinyoung- okay. Ask eomma if she wants some.

Minseok- Eomma, ice-cream??

Mirae- No, thanks.

Jinyoung- Stay with eomma. Appa is bringing the ice-cream for you.

Saying this, Jinyoung left. Rose called Mirae and she started talking to her on the phone completely forgetting about everything. She even forgot about the notorious baby she had. Minseok saw a butterfly and wanted to grab it. He kept on running after it. Mirae was least bothered about Minseok. The innocent child was running after the butterfly and he reached on the main road. The signal lights indicated that the walkers have to stop. But, he did not know any of them. Jinyoung was on the other side of the road. A car was coming with full speed. The person in the car was honking constantly and saying everyone to get off the way since the breaks were failed. Jinyoung took the ice-cream and paid for it. He saw Minseok right in the center of the road jumping after a flying butterfly. He ran towards him but he was late. 

That car already hit Minseok. Jinyoung witnessed the scene with his eyes and Mirae also ran there after she saw a crowd realizing that Minseok was missing. Both Jimyoung and Mirae went inside the crowd. People surrounding an unconscious Minseok already informed the police and called the ambulance. 

The life and care hospital ambulance came to the scene and Minseok was taken to the hospital. 

Mirae and Jinyoung were crying the whole time. They reached the hospital and immediately, Minseok was taken to the emergency ward.  The nurse recognized them and hurried to inform Jimin and Jiah.

Jiah just came out from a surgery and was heading to the cabin. 

Nurse- Ma'am, your sister is here. I think her child got into an accident. 

Jiah-What!!!

Jiah ran to the emergency ward. Then Jiah informed Jimin and he also came to the emergency ward panting and running. He informed Mr, Cha and he was on the way with his wife. As soon as Jimin reached there, Jinyoung hugged him. Jimin consoled him. Mirae was dead silent and kept staring the floor. As soon as Jiah came, the nurse handed her his file and told her about his condition. Jiah immediately rushed inside the operation theater. Jiah and the other doctors were operating on the innocent boy who was fighting for life and death. They were trying their level best to save him. 

TIME SKIP
5 HOURS LATER

Jiah came out of the OT with a straight and a sad face. She was looking down on the ground. She was silent. She did not utter even a single word. Everyone kept on questioning her. Mirae and Jinyoung were nervous and kept on questioning her. Then a nurse came out. She had a paper and a file in her hand. She was also looking sad.

Nurse- Ma'am, name of the child?

Jiah- Park Minseok

Jiah spoke with a faint voice and tears were filling in her eyes.

Nurse- TIME OF DEATH?

Jiah- 4:08 pm

Mirae- Eonnie, what do you mean by time of death?!!! Tell me my baby is okay!!!!! *crying*

Jiah immediately hugged Jimin and cried in his embrace. 

Jiah- We could not save him...Jimin we could not save him... He had lost almost 45% blood. It was a big accident. He was still a child. But, he fought a lot. He fought till his last breath....

Jiah was crying heavily and everyone was listening to her. Mirae and Jinyoung's world stopped. Jiah was pulled off from Jimin's embrace woth a jerk by Mrs. Cha who slapped her very  tightly. The slap was so hard that her face turned to the either side. 

Mr. Cha- Honey....

Then Miraecame near Jiah and she slapped her very tight again. Everyone except Mrs. Cha tried to stop her.

Mirae- You bitch!! Why did you kill my child!!!!!

Jiah- I did not ki-

Mirae- You killed him. You could have easily saved him because you are the best doctor. You killed him because you were jealous. You have been married for 5 years but still doesn't have a child. Minseok was Jinyoung's child with me and you were jealous and could not digest this fact. 

She again slapped her. Jimin tried to stop her but could not use force because of the heat of the moment and the situation.  

Mirae- I curse you!! Your child will also suffer just like my Minseok did. You will also suffer the pain of loosing a child. 

Jiah, Jimin, Jinyoung, Mr. Cha were shocked at her words. This was when Jinyoung spoke up.

Jinyoung- Mirae!!! Stop with this act of yours. My child would have lived if you were careful and took care of him while I was away. Only, if you were not busy while talking to your fucking friends. 

Jiah was shocked and did not know hoe to react. Jimin touched her red and warm cheek and hugged her. 

Jinyoung- I am sick Mirae. I am sick of pretending to be a happy couple with you. Only one reason. Minseok was the reason, I was with you. I want a divorce. I cannot live with a woman who can not even take care of her own child. I am sorry, Jiah and hyung. If possible, please forgive me...

Jimin- Have some strength Jinyoung. Don't cry. It is none of us' fault. It is god's wish. He lacked angels and wanted one. So, he took our Minseok.

The nurse told him that Minseok's body will be given for the funeral soon.  Mr. Cha took Mrs. Cha and Mirae back to home. Jimin took Jiah to his cabin. He applied soothing cream on her cheek. She hugged him and slept in his embrace. 

Minseok's death came as a shocker to everyone. It was a major shocker for Jiah because she had to bear with Mirae's cursing.

I hope you like it and do not copy my work. Also do not forget to follow, comment, vote for my work. Stay tuned for the next part.