Chapter - 19

Third person’s POV

Aniket and Kritika were sitting on one sofa and the opposite sofa, the three children of them were sitting. Two of them had serious expressions but the other one had
cool, unworried expression.

KRITIKA : Now tell us, what’s going on between you three?

Kritika asked  very seriously, like an angry
parent, who is always ready to beat her children for any mistake.

Anika and Anik both looked at each other and turned their face in opposite directions without replying to their mother’s question.

NITIKA : No no mom, not three…Two… I am out of it.

ANIKET : ok then you tell… what happened between them?

Nitika sat upright, she gave an expression like she was going to talk about the most important information about the world.

NITIKA : so….I will not take any of their sides. I will just tell from a spectator's view. My
opinion will not be included-

KRITIKA : enough of the drama… just say about the problem.

KRITIKA : Di insulted Tanisha.

ANIKA : what? I didn’t insult her.

ANIK : Yes you did.

ANIKA :No, I didn’t say directly anything to her. She had taken it upon her.

ANIK : it was very clear to who you were referring.

ANIKET : who is Tanisha?

When the two siblings were quarrelling, Aniket’s question stopped their quarrelling and everyone looked at Aniket with a flabbergasted expression.

KRITIKA : Anik's Girlfriend for TWO years!!

ANIKET : ohh yeah. I actually forget her name.

ANIKA : because she is not someone important person to remember.

ANIK : Enough di, you always try to insult her. What has she done to you? (Stood up
from sitting position)

ANIKA : If she would have done anything to me then she wouldn’t still be alive. She would have been six feet under .

ANIK : look mom! she is behaving like  hooligans.

KRITIKA : Niki, what kind of sentences are these? And why don’t you like her?

ANIKA : she is not a good girl. She has many boyfriends. She is cheating Nik and this idiot
can’t even see it.

ANIK : Yeah yeah … now I have to learn that from you who didn’t find out about her
boyfriend who had been cheating on her for 3 years.

ANIKA : Nik, don’t talk about the past. That was different. Mumma, this Tanisha flirts with other boys openly in front of him(Nik).

ANIK : That her brothers… and she was not flirting. Just seeing one day, you shouldn’t
judge someone.

ANIKA : Really? How many brothers does she have? The whole college is her brother?

ANIK : if someone sees you with Mihir, what will they think? Will they think of him as your
brother?

ANIKA : I don’t flirt with Mihir bhai and don’t compare me with her.

Nitika was enjoying her siblings' quarreling till now. She was just missing a bowl of popcorn. But the Moment Mihir's name came she couldn’t sit quietly anymore.

NITIKA : Hey hey  why are you draggi-

Then suddenly remember her parents are also present in the room, she shouldn’t get
excited about Mihir’s name.

NITIKA : what are you guys doing… dad and mom are still present in the room. Stop quarrelling.

Both siblings looked toward their parents and saw, they were watching them with angry expressions.

ANIKA : Papa… wo..

ANIKET : Finished!! Or still has something left?

Both lowered their head…

ANIKET : I am warning you both… I don’t want you guys to quarrel for an outsider.

Nitika started laughing hearing this and Anika was also trying to suppress her laugh.

KRITIKA : Did your dad say anything funny??

NITIKA : Mom, today’s quarrel had started because of the word outsider.hahaha.

KRITIKA : ok enough stop laughing.  The main point is, that we don’t want you guys to fight for any reason. And Niki, don’t interfere in Nik's life. It’s his life let him decide. If she is really cheating on him then
let him find out. We have also never interface in your life… right? Understood?

ANIKA : yes mumma.

KRITIKA : And Nik you…I don’t want to see you disrespect your Di next time. Understood?

ANIK : Yea Mom.

ANIKET : good now both hug each other.

As their father’s order they hugged each other but cold war was still clearly visible.

Aniket and Kritika could clearly see that too, but they didn’t want to interfere anymore
in this siblings matters. They knew this will end up very soon as Anika's
engagement going to happen this weekend.

After that, they all went to their own rooms.

----------------

Anika was preparing to go to bed at this moment a knock came on her door. Opening the door Anika saw Nitika standing with a tray of pastries holding in her hand.

Anika understood very well that Niti needs something from her. That’s the reason she
has come here with pastries for buttering her.

ANIKA : what do you want?

Without answering Anika, Nitika entered the room putting the tray on a table, she
sat on the bed.

NITIKA : I just thought maybe you want to eat pastry. So I came here.

ANIKA : ohhh really! That is so sweet of you(sarcastically). It has done… now go away.

NITIKA : di, You're driving me away. I've come to spend time with you.

ANIKA : hey stop your drama… what do you want say, say it or get out.

NITIKA : ok ok ok I am saying. Di, can you request Mihir to dance with me on your
engagement day.

ANIKA : what?

NITIKA : please di… Mihir will never agree to dance in front of everyone but if you request,  he will definitely listen. I will manage the
rest.

ANIKA : you only think about yourself… no? Now go… I will think about it.

NITIKA : no no not think about it… you have to do it… please please pretty pleaseee.

ANIKA : ok fine.

NITIKA : yaayyy thank you.. You are the best sister in the world.

Kissing on Anika’s cheeks Nitika happily left the room humming a song.