Chapter - 44

Third Person’s POV

“I can’t believe, everything that Nitika has said to me was true.”

Everyone looked towards the source of the voice. It was Mihir who was standing at the entrance with a hurt expression… looking at Anika.

Mihir came near Anika.

MIHIR : is it true Anika? You are really divorcing Ishaan for Money and Property? When did you become like this? You are my angel… why are you behaving like a devil? Why ?  When did you become so greedy? When Anika? … I can’t believe dad again doing this. For money… for his greed he again ruining everything!! So this is the reason Dipti aunty left him.

ANIKA : What! Dipti aunty left him? Why?

MIHIR : what? Didn’t your dear dad tell you? They had a huge fight…that day dadi didn’t tell me the reason but today I can understand what happened? I can’t believe this!!… he is again ruining everything just because of some property.

Right at this moment Rishi also entered the house.

Anika was the first one who noticed him. She approached Rishi.

ADITI : Dad, what is  Mihir bhai saying? Is it true? Dipti aunty has left you? Did you guys fight? Why? Dad? Am I the reason?
Rishi cupped Anika’s face in his hand.

RISHI : No honey… nothing has happened because of you. Don’t blame yourself. Why are you looking so pale? Are you not feeling well?

Hearing their conversation Aniket was looking at them with anger, sadness, jealousy, hurt… Aniket, himself didn’t understand which emotion he was feeling. He didn’t like it when Anika call him dad. He knew Rishi was her biological father but he still didn’t like this. He couldn’t accept the fact that Anika was calling someone else father. The daughter, he reared with so much care and love, suddenly calling someone else father except him, he couldn’t able to digest it. Her expression was clearly visible on his face. Mrs. Kapoor and Kritika both looked at Aniket, they both understood his expression.

Seeing her husband’s expression, Kritika’s anger towards Anika and Rishi increased even more.

KRITIKA : Rishi Ahuja!!! You will never change… right? Why? Why did you brainwash my daughter? What did you put in her brain? What did you say to her that she has become so greedy that she now wants to divorce Ishaan, the person she loves? What did you say to her? Why? Why? Why you are ruining my daughter's life?

Kritika started yelling at Rishi and there were also some tears in her eyes.

ANIKA : Mumma, please don’t blame dad… he didn’t put anything on my brain. It’s my own choice. I want to divorce Ishaan.

Mrs. KAPOOR : why? Niki, what is the reason?

ANIKA : Anik has already told you guys. I haven’t this idea that they...

KRITIKA : You ungrateful brat… Do you know what I am feeling right now? … I am regretting listening to everyone's advice. My first choice was to abort you… but they all advised me… this Aniket, who has loved you more than his own daughter, advised me to think a second time. Today I am regretting that decision. I should have aborted you.

“Kritika!!” – both Aniket and Rishi said at the same time but with different tones.

RISHI : Kritika… don’t say anything that you will reg-

Anika stopped Rishi by holding his hand.

MIHIR : why Dad? Why are you doing this again? Why are you supporting Anika? Why? Again you are doing the same wrong thing? Dad why?

“ Greedy people stay greedy all their life. They never change.”

Ishaan entered the room with some documents in his hand.