Chapter - 49

Third Person’s POV

ISHAAN : Mom... What are you doing here?

Ishaan’s voice trembled a little as he was afraid to know how much her mom has heard and how will she react.

Ishita and Geeta entered the living room.

ISHITA : I am sorry to disturb you all but I am here to inform you something, Ishaan.

ISHAAN : what is it, mom?

ISHITA : Ishaan, how are you? I know you have taken a very big decision…

ISHAAN : Mom, I know I didn’t inform you… I did wrong… but I didn’t have any other option. I know how stubborn Anika is… mom please accept this. Don’t be angry at me. We will adopt a child... We will be happy. We will love the child very much. Besides the operation has already happened you can’t change anything. But please don’t be angry at me.

Ishaan was blabbering nonstop. He was afraid of his mother’s reaction. He knew his mother couldn’t change anything now… but he didn’t want his mother to be angry with him.

GEETA : Ishaan beta, calm down. Your mother knew this before you entered the operation theatre. She is not angry with you. She supports you if this is what you want.

Ishaan was flabbergasted hearing this. Even the other members present there had the same kind of expression. No one has expected this from Ishita. Even after knowing what step Ishaan was going to take, she still didn’t stop him that was a very strange reaction from her.

ISHAAN : Mom…?

Ishaan called her mother in a shocked tone.

ISHITA : Ishaan, you are big enough to take your decision. The decision you have taken was for your wife. As a husband, you have taken this decision. What you did is your choice. If you are happy with it, I have no problem. I just want your happiness.

Ishaan hugged his mother happily. Everyone was happy hearing Ishita's words. Though it was unexpected they were very happy.

ISHITA : Is…Ishaan…

ISHITA : yes mom… mom you are trembling! What happened, mom? Are you not feeling well?

Ishaan asked in a worried tone and help her mother to sit on the sofa. Everyone was also worried seeing Ishita Shrivastav who always have a dominant aura around her, behaving like she was afraid of something.

ISHAAN : mom, what happened? Do you want to say something?

ISHITA : Ish.. Ishaan…Ishaan…

ISHAAN : Yes mom… tell me what happened? Mom, you are making me worried…

Geeta went near Ishita and held her hand.

GEETA : dear…you have to tell him… you shouldn’t hide it anymore.

ISHAAN : What ?

“ O god is she going to tell Ishaan the truth about his father? Why so much drama is happening in my life? O god! I know Ishaan is sad about my condition but he is just being strong for me. What will happen when he will know that his father isn’t dead? Please give Ishaan some strength.”- Anika was thinking these all in her mind.

Taking a long breath Ishita started talking...

ISHITA : Ishaan… my son… I have been hiding a big truth of your life for many years. I have been lying to you…

Ishaan didn’t say anything, he let his mother continue. He could already guess…what his mother going to say. He thought maybe she is going to tell the truth about his father. For him, it doesn't matters, who his father is. For him only his mom and now Anika matters.

ISHITA : Ishaan… your father… I had lied to you. Your father was alive but yesterday we got a letter from his lawyer, he died this week.

Anika gasped and thought “ what!!!that man died? But he was completely fine that day.”

Ishita forwarded a letter to Ishaan.

ISHITA : Ishaan, this is your father's last letter to you.

Ishaan took the letter from her hand and read it. It was written “ I am sorry son, forgive me for leaving you and your mother. Forgive me for what I had done with your mother. I am happy that your mother was capable enough for giving you a good life. Forgive me. I know maybe you don’t know my name… and maybe never want to know. That’s the result of my deed. Just know that I regret my deeds and I am asking for forgiveness from you and your mother. Have a great life, son.”

After reading that later Ishaan looked at her mother and squatted down in front of her.

ISHAAN : Mom, it doesn’t matter who is my father. With his death, the chapter is closed. I knew that he must have done something with you. Don’t worry mom… I am not angry with you. I knew you must have your reason. After reading this later it is clear that he had done something with you. Let’s forget about the past. Forget all your bad memories. I am here with you. Your son, your daughter-in-law , Anika. We love you.

ISHITA : Ishaan, in the letter you father was talking about your mother.

ISHAAN : Yes… I know he was talking about my –

ISHITA : I am not your mother, Ishaan.
Everyone was too shocked to react. Anika was looking at Ishaan with a worried face, for some reaction. But Ishaan was sitting in front of his mother. Like a statue.