Chapter - 38

Third Person’s POV

The whole villa was decorated with flowers. Today was Anika and Ishaan's marriage. Guests had started to arrive. Groom would also arrive very soon. Aniket and Kritika were very busy welcoming the guests.

In the room, Anika was sitting in a wheelchair wearing a red lehenga. She was looking very beautiful but the arm sling and the wheelchair were affecting her beauty little.

Aniket and Kritika both entered the room and they came near Anika and sat in front of her on the bed.

KRITIKA : Niki, are you nervous?

ANIKA : Why would I be nervous?

Aniket and Kritika looked at each other and smiled. Kritika took Anika’s hand in her hand.

KRITIKA : Niki, today after some hours you will get a new identity. A new identity will add to your life very soon…wife of someone. Niki, this identity comes with lots of responsibility. You are always my good daughter now I want you to be a good wife. Niki, in marriage trust, is the most important thing. You have to trust each other…understand each other. I want you to be a good daughter-in-law also. Maybe Ishaan’s mother is a little strict and sometimes she behaves rudely… but Niki, always remember one thing. She is Ishaan’s mother. So don’t disrespect her. Give her the respect and love you always give me...got it?

ANIKA : Mumma, why are you saying all this? I never disrespect anyone.

ANIKET : We know. You are our good child. Sweetheart, I want to tell you one thing… just because you are getting married today that doesn’t mean when you have any problem in future you will not come to me. In any problem just give me a call I will always be there for you.

ANIKA : I know papa… I am very lucky to have you as my father in my life….I will miss you both.

Anika and Kritika became a little emotional. Tears started to fall from both of their eyes.

Both Aniket and Kritika hugged her and kissed her on the forehead.

“What about us? Will you not miss us?”

Both Anik and Nitika said at the same time while entering the room. They came near them and joined the hug. As Anika was sitting in a wheelchair so the hug was not very comfortable.

ANIK : Di, if you don’t stop crying your make-up will be ruined then I think  Jiju (brother-in-law) will have to think about this marriage because you will look like a witch.

ANIKA : you are a witch.

ANIK : haha di I can’t be a witch, witch is a woman and I am not…

ANIKA : you are a monster… vampire…

ANIKET : ok ok enough… Nik, your sister is getting married today you are still pulling her leg?

ANIK : Dad, Just because she is getting married I can’t stop saying the truth no?

Aniket and Kritika sighed and shook their head seeing the bickering between their children. They all left the room to welcome the groom.

Anika was watching the garden area where the marriage is going to happen, when Rishi entered the room.

Hearing Rishi's voice Anika look back. Now they talk but not like before. She isn’t as comfortable with him as she was before. There was still some awkwardness between them.

RISHI : Anika, congratulations. I am very happy for you.

ANIKA :Thank you. ( said with a little smile on her face)

RISHI : Anika… I… I want to tell you that in future if you face any problem you can say to me, I will always help you.

ANIKA : Thank you for your concern and offer . But if I need any help My Papa will always be there to help me.

Rishi smiled at Anika's statement.

RISHI : Right… I know, you are lucky to have such a father. I will you a very happy life ahead.
Saying this Rishi left the room.

“ I will never need your help. My entire family will be there to help me in anything.” – Anika thought in her mind.

All the guests were quite surprised seeing the condition of both bride and groom.  Now it was time for saat phere (seven circumambulation around the holy fire. The Saat Phere is basically seven vows that bind the bride and groom into husband and wife and each vow has It’s significant meaning).

During the time of saat phere Mihir and Gullu were supporting Ishaan to walk and Anik was pushing Anika’s wheelchair behind. Everyone was trying to control their laugh, because it was looking very funny. No one has seen this kind of saath phere before.
Through the last ritual sindoor daan, where Ishaan fill the Vermilion on Anika's hairline the marriage completed between them. Now they are husband and wife.

The moment Ishaan fill the Vermilion on Anika’s hairline, a tear escaped from Anika eyes. Because Anika knows from today she is not Anika Kapoor anymore. She is now Mrs. Anika Shrivastav. Her new identity. A new phase of her life started with a new identity.