Chapter - 46

Third Person’s POV

ISHAAN : She had a tumour…malignant tumour in her uterus. So she had to remove her uterus from her body.

Nitika gasped upon hearing this. Everyone else was too shocked to make a sound.
They couldn’t believe in their own ears what they have just heard. They all looked towards Anika who was already a crying mess.
Aniket walked towards Anika and sat beside her on the sofa.

ANIKET : Why? Why didn’t you inform us anything? You didn’t even inform me? That’s why you look so pale...you… did you get hurt when you fell? You alright…

ANIKA : I am fine…

Said holding Aniket’s hand. Nitika felt more guilty when She remembered she had actually pushed Anika and she had fallen… she thanked god that Anika had fallen on the sofa, not on the floor.

Now everyone was feeling guilty for saying so many bad words to Anika. Specially Kritika and Nitika. Kritika was feeling guilty that she even told her that she wanted to abort her. She was sad that when her daughter had already been hurt, she hurt her feelings more.

Aniket looked at Rishi angrily…

ANIKET : why did you hide it from us? Why didn’t you inform us?

ANIKA : Don’t blame him… papa. I prohibited him to inform anyone.

ANIKET : Anika, you informed him… not us?

RISHI : She didn’t inform me. We accidentally met at the hospital.

Flashback

RIshi's POV

I was coming out of the dean's office when I noticed Anika. I called her but she didn’t listen. I followed her and saw she suddenly entered through the door of the emergency staircase. I followed her and saw she was crying hysterically sitting on the steps of the staircase.

I approached her and asked her what happened? Seeing her like this I was afraid. She didn’t answer me anything but hugging me she started crying more loudly.

After she calmed down a little she told me that the doctor has found a tumour in her uterus and had been doubting it to be a malignant tumour.

I told her to inform Ishaan and others but she stopped me. That day was the first time she called me dad. So I just couldn’t deny her request.

Flashback end.

RISHI : After that when her test report confirmed that she has a malignant tumour and the condition of the tumour wasn’t good, I took her to Bangalore and there at one of our hospitals her operation had done.
No one understood what will they say. Such a big thing happened in Anika’s life and they have no idea about it. When she needs the mental strength more they were actually hurting her by saying those hurtful words.

ISHAAN : Anika, let’s not talk about what happened… or why didn’t you inform us. Let’s talk about us. Why have you taken such big decision? Do you think I will leave you knowing that you will never be able to bear children for me? Do you think so low of me?

ANIKA : No no Ishaan… I know you will never leave me. That’s why I took this step. That’s why I didn’t inform anyone. I didn’t even make these divorce papers from Mihir bhai because I didn't anyone to know the real reason. I know you all will not agree.

ISHAAN : when you know I will not leave you. Then why do you want to leave me? I love you Anika.

Tears rolled down from both Anika and Ishasn's eyes.

ANIKA : I know you love me… I love you too. That’s why I want you to have a happy life.

ISHAAN : You are my happiness. How do you think without you I will be happy? Anika, we will be enough for each other. If you want we can adopt a child. There is be no problem. Don’t think of divorcing me, Anika.

ANIKET : Yes… sweetheart…when you both love each other then divorce is not an option.

Everyone nodded their head in agreement.
ANIKA : You all don’t understand. You all are not talking realistically.

ISHAAN : No… you don’t try to understand. You are not talking realistically.

ANIKA : Ishaan! Try to understand… you are your mother’s only son. She must want an heir from you. You are completely fine. Why would she accept this?

ISHAAN : Ok… Anika just answer me one thing, if I would have been unable to produce children, If I were impotent, would you have divorced me?

ANIKA : yes..

ISHAAN : huuh! You are lying…if I would have the power I would have changed this scenario to opposite then I would have seen what will you do.

ANIKA : Ishaan, please be realistic and give me the divorce. Live a happy life. I will be happy to see you happily living with your children and wife. I will always give you my best wishes. You are capable to be a father. Please accept my request… give me the divorce.

Mrs. KAPOOR : Honey, why are you saying this? Science is now very advanced. You are an educated woman so you should have known there are many ways to have children… and forget about those, you can adopt a child. He or she will be your child. We all love him/her.

ANIKA : Dadi, why would Ishita aunty accept it? Her son is perfectly fine. He can easily have his children. Why would she accept me? She has already accepted me after knowing all my truth just for Ishaan’s happiness. Now, why do you think she would accept me when I can’t even able to give her a grandchild? Ishaan, you are perfectly fine. You are a very good person. You will definitely find many good partners for you. Go and live your life happily. Be practical, Ishaan… I don’t want you to regret in future. Think about yourself and your mother.

Ishaan was looking at Anika's face quietly for some time. Everyone else was also looking at Anika with distressed expressions.

The next moment when they heard Ishaan’s statement their expression change drastically.

ISHAAN : You are right I should think about myself and my mother. I am not impotent, so why would my mother agree? I can able to produce children. Yes, you are right… I should be practical. Hmm, I will live a happy life. My happiness is important to me and my mother. Fine… today I am leaving, and I will send you the divorce papers soon. I need to read this before signing it.

Saying this Ishaan was about to leave, when Aniket, Mihir, Anik called his name with  shocked expressions.

ANIK : Ishaan bhai, how could you say this? You love my di, how could you say this?

ISHAAN : Anik, I am being practical. Your sister is right. We should be practical. We shouldn’t think emotionally. Bye…

Saying this without hearing anyone’s words Ishaan left the house.

The moment Ishaan left the house Anika started crying covering her face. Everyone was feeling pain seeing Anika crying like this. Anika wanted this but the moment Ishaan said he will send the divorce papers with his sign, Anika felt like everything shattered in her life. No one knew how to console her. They were all feeling hurt and guilty.