Chapter - 50

Third Person’s POV

In the hall of Kapoor, there was pin-drop silence. No one even dare to take breathe loudly. They didn’t understand how to react to such news.

ISHITA : Ishaan…

Ishaan got up from the floor…

ISHAAN : Mom, this is not a joke… you are my mother. Ms. Ishita Shrivastav is my mother.

ISHITA : Yes… Ms. Ishita Shrivastav is your mother.

ISHAAN : I knew you are joking with me. I didn’t like that at all.

Ishaan and everyone sighed in relief. They all were thinking today something has happened to Ishita. Because she was even joking. But Ishita’s next sentence made them very confused.

ISHITA : I am not joking… Ishita Shrivastav is your mother but I am not.

ISHAAN : Mom, what are you saying? Did something happen to you? Geeta dadi what happened to mom?

Geeta didn’t say anything she just gave a sad smile to Ishaan.

ISHITA : Ishaan… I am Ishita Shrivastav…but by only look and name. From inside… by my soul, I am someone else.

Ishaan and everyone else were looking at Ishita as if she has lost her mind.

ISHAAN : Mom, what are you saying? Are you even listening to yourself? Your words have no sense.

ISHITA : it has Ishaan. By my face and name, I am Ishita Shrivastav, your mother…but my real name is Ketki Rajput.

ISHAAN : Ketki Rajput?

Some of them, present there found this name a little familiar… when suddenly Karan shouted...

KARAN : Ketki Rajput!!! The Ketki Rajput who…..

NITIKA : who what, Karan mamu?

Nitika found this so interesting that she couldn’t help but asked. But after getting a squeeze from Mihir in her hand, Nitika realised, she shouldn’t have shown this much interest. She looked up at Mihir face and saw he was glaring at her.

ISHITA : Yes…the Ketki Rajput, who murdered her husband and his mistress years ago.

All the young generation looked at Ishita with little fear. They all felt goosebumps all over their bodies hearing the way Ishita said this information.

Ishaan was still looking at her mother confusingly.

ANIMESH : but how can you be Ketki Rajput? She wasn’t looked like you and besides she committed suicide.

KABIR : Yes… her family had recognised her body.

ISHITA : yes… the body they had recognised, the person who died so many years ago was Ketki Rajput's but only by face… she was actually Ishita Shrivastav.

NITIKA : O god! I am very confused. Can you please say it clearly?

This time not only Mihir but everyone glared at Nitika.

ISHITA : Ishaan, I know maybe you are also confused… let me tell you. I am Ketki Rajput by birth. My family had married me off to one of their business partner’s sons. In my in -laws family there was a rule. After giving birth to a boy all the property of husband's name will transfer to the child but till the child become 18 all his property will be under his mom's name.

Ishita take a breath again… no one said anything. She continued…

ISHITA : After two years of marriage, I had given birth to a baby boy…(some tears rolled down from her eyes). My boy was only two months old when one day he died… without any reason. I fell ill. When one day I fell very ill. I went to see a doctor. That day I found out….. I found out my uterus was removed. You know Dr. Nishat who sometimes comes to our house.

Ishaan nodded his slowly…

ISHITA : He helped me to find out everything. I found out during my C- section that my uterus was also removed according to my husband’s order… and I also found out that it was he and his mistress who killed my innocent child… so without thinking anything I killed both of them. I took revenge for my child.
Ishita started weeping…Geeta was rubbing her back to calm her down.

ISHITA : After killing them I escaped from there… not because I wanted to escape from punishment but for committing suicide. I don’t want my family to see me go to jail. I went to a cliff to commit suicide… there I found your mother, who was crying holding a 2-year-old baby.

ISHITA : She (sighed) … your father… your so called father he had left your mother after you were born… actually not left… sold her to a club where prostitution happens. When I met her, she was an HIV patient. Her condition wasn’t good. She knew she will not survive many days. So after we told each other our story, we decided to exchange our identity. No one knew where I was except Dr. Nishant. He used to like me and I knew that. With his help, we both change our Identities. I became Ishita Shrivastav and she became Ketki Rajput. She knew she will not survive many days… so she committed suicide so that no one can find out anything. I really had no wish to live but the moment I hold you in my arms and you hugged me back,  I couldn't let go of the greed to be a mother. I am sorry Ishaan… I am very sorry for deceiving you all these years. I am really sorry…

Saying this sat down on the floor and started crying. Anika thought maybe Ishaan would console her but to her surprise, Ishaan ran out of the room and went towards the garden. Anika also followed behind him.