Chapter - 40

Anika's POV

Today I wanted to make breakfast for everyone. I don’t know cooking but I didn’t think it was so difficult. It doesn’t look difficult but it is actually very difficult.
I know about the ritual of the first rasoi. I couldn’t able to do it on my first day, so today I wanted to cook something but instead of cooking, I made a mess in the kitchen.

Now I am feeling bad for all the maids who got scolded by Ishita aunty...I mean mom(MIL) because of the mess I created.
Though she didn’t scold me but talk with me very strictly. My school teachers never talked to me like that.

It’s not like everyone knows everything… but they should try… right? I had also done the same… I had just tried to cook.

I was so happy from the morning that after almost more than one month, today I will again rejoin the office. But the disaster in the kitchen has spoilt my mood. (Sighed)

My trance broke by driver uncle’s voice. We have reached the office building.

I am again feeling better. After sooo many days I am coming into this office. It is like a second home to me. Oh no no now it has become my third home because now I already have two homes.

Third Person’s POV

Aniket and Anik were there to welcome Anika into the office building. They welcome her. Some employees were also present. Anika was overwhelmed seeing their gesture.

After a meeting, Anika when to the washroom where she met Tanisha.

ANIKA : what are you doing here? Came to see Anik?

TANISHA : No, I work here.

Anika was a little surprised as she had no idea about it.

ANIKA : you work here? I didn’t know.

TARNISHA : You are not the CEO who needs to know everything. I have been working here for a month.

Tanisha was about to leave but she stopped and turned back.

TANISHA : you know what, sometimes I feel really bad for Anik, he is so unlucky.

ANIKA : why? Why are you saying this? Why would he be unlucky?

TANISHA : of course, he is unlucky, even after doing so much hard work he will not be the CEO. You will snatch it away from him. He is unlucky to have a sister like you.

ANIKA : Tanisha, don’t talk nonsense. If he will do hard work and be worthy of the position he will definitely get that. I will not snatch anything from him. He is unlucky to have you as his girlfriend. I am waiting for the day when he will see your true colour and throw you out of his life.

Tanisha was fuming in anger inside but she didn’t show it outside.

TANISHA : Scoff! You are saying like you don’t know anything! Aniket sir has already recommended you for the post and other shareholders have also accepted this. So why are you behaving like you don’t know anything? You are really lucky. It is Anik's right but he will not get it because of you. You were saying he has to work hard… prove himself! Why? It is his right. He is the heir of the Kapoors. Who are you? No one…you are no one but still, you are snatching everything from Anik and Nitika. You were saying that Anik should throw me out of his life… right? You know what? It is you whom people should throw out of their life.