Dinner Party (1)

Cam, Emily and Hotch stood on the other side of the glass watching the man that Emily and Cam arrested. She looked in the case file and shook her head in disbelief. "These poor women. ..."., Emily said, looking at the case file with her.

"...They were about to start the next chapter in their lives and this bastard goes and takes it away"., Cam sighed and shook her head., "I'm going to talk to him". She walked in and put the file on the table, taking a seat.

"Hello Colin. I'm Cameron. I-"., "Cameron. ..."., Colin snorted, holding back a laugh., "...That's a boy's name"., she faked a chuckle., "well, there's a story to that, but you don't want to hear it"., Colin smiled., "oh, but I do. I want to hear everything about you".

"You see "you don't want to hear it" means "I'm not going to tell you"., Colin had a look of anger, written all over his face. "What's the matter Colin, hm? Can't deal with a woman who's not afraid of you?".

In means to try and scare her, he grabbed her arm and stood up, getting unnecessarily close to her., "you are afraid!"., he yelled and looked up as he heard the door open. She did to, seeing Hotch.

"Sit down"., he said sternly. Colin let go, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms. He looked at her hand and scoffed, noticing the engagement ring on her finger. Hotch sat down next to her, staring straight through him.

"So who's this then? Your dumbass fiancé"., he retorted. Cam looked at Hotch and shook her head, looking back at Colin. "Oh, I get it!..."., Colin laughed., "...She's engaged and you're pissed!"., he laughed, cleared his throat and sighed.

"I mean, man I get it. ..."., he turned his attention to Cam and smirked., "...All the good ones are taken"., "so you murdered them instead?..."., Hotch chimed back in., "...Mary broke your heart but she moved away so you thought you would take it out on others".

"Yes, but they deserved it. I was only saving the dudes from marriage. None of them wanted it, I could tell. I could see it in their eyes"., "Colin, every one of those guys is heartbroken"., he shrugged his shoulders., "now they are, sure. But they will see that I had their back".

"Colin, I'm sure Mary didn't mean to break your heart"., Colin clenched his jaw, shaking his head., "she said she was always going to love me! She promised!"., "and when was that?"., she asked., "When we were 19.

I promised the same thing but the difference is, I kept my side of the promise! She should've kept hers! These girls promised to love their partners but they're filthy, disgusting, dirty liars! I had to get rid of them!".

***
Everyone said their goodbyes to the team and Reid looked around, not seeing him anywhere. "Where's Hotch?"., "Agent Hotchner had to step out for a moment. He looked angry-"., "more then usual?"., Morgan interrupted him.

Cam walked out of the room and looked to the sides, not seeing him anywhere. She saw the elevator doors starting to close. "Oh! Hold the door!"., she called out as she rushed up to the elevator. She got up to the doors and saw Hotch.

She cleared her throat and walked in, smiling at him, ignoring the thoughts of what happened last night. The doors closed and Hotch cleared his throat., "so how are you and Toby?"., she cleared her throat and nodded., "yeah..we're okay. How's Jack?"., "he's good".

To fill the silence Cam started to talk her favourite movies. He knew what she was doing and it was starting to annoy him. "Cam, stop"., he snapped, his tone a little more harsh then intended. She furrowed her eyebrows together angrily and shook your head.

"You know, I was trying to have a decent conversation with you. You could at least try to be polite"., he shook his head and sighed, going to say something but the ding of the elevator cut him off., "Cam-"., "I'll see you later, Aaron".