Explanation

Hotch sat at his desk, his head is resting on his closed fist as he wrote his closing report for the case the team had just completed. It has been a two weeks since the death of Cam and it's still as fresh as yesterday, for Hotch and the team. Hotch doesn't understand why the plane had crashed. The police thought it was a mechanical failure, but it turns out it wasn't the case. He has kept up with the investigation to see what is being done about it, but so far it was nothing. And it frustrates him.

Without it being a case or consult of the BAU, he and the team have been working on it together when they've been available to do so, but it's not just the police who have been coming up empty, it's them too. The case they had just worked on was actually about young couples and it reminded him of the two of them, it made him a little emotional.

The faint voice of Morgan saying "baby girl" filled Hotch's ears but he didn't want to look up. He just wanted to get his work down and go home to see Jack. Morgan spoke again but his confused voice is what caught Hotch look up. Briefly though. A knock at the door caught his attention and he looked to it briefly before looking back down and continuing with the paperwork.

"Come in." he spoke, nonchalantly.

The tapping on the ground tipped him off that it was Garcia.

"Yes Garcia?" he spoke, still looking at the paperwork.

"Sir, I have a letter for you here."

Hotch noticed her tone of voice was softer than usual. He looked up at her and saw that she looks confused with tears in her eyes.

"Is something wrong, Garcia?"

"Um..." she gulped and held her hand out, walking closer to his desk "...It looks like Cam's handwriting."

Hotch felt his body freeze. His eyebrows furrowed and he quickly took the letter from her. He looked the front of letter seeing that it was indeed her handwriting, but that it had been opened.

"Did you open this, Garcia?"

"No!..." she spoke immediately, gulping "...Oh God, no! But that does lead into the next part I was going to say! I called the police and to see why the letter has been opened. It turns out that they were the ones who opened it. They were doing an internal investigation to see if any of the passengers were responsible—I took that to mean, foul play.

They didn't consider any one of the passengers to be responsible for the crash, but anyway my point is that they had to go through all of everyone's belongings, including Cam's and they found this letter, they read it to make sure she wasn't communicating with an outside party and once they read it and concluded that it wasn't, they were the ones who mailed it you here. Everything that was recovered of her belongings were returned to her parents, except this letter."

Garcia took a deep breath and Hotch nodded, still looking at the letter.

"That'll be all, Garcia. Thankyou."

Garcia left the room and now it was just Hotch again. He stared at the letter, a little reluctant to open it. He wants to know what it says but it's also the last words that she has ever wrote to him and he doesn't want that to end. He moved his finger slightly, feeling a bump in the letter, causing confusion to cloud his mind.

Out of curiosity, he opened the letter to peek inside and see what it was. It's a USB. He took it out and gently placed it beside him, taking a deep breath before pulling out the letter. He read the first four words and a deep sigh left his mouth. The hand that his head rested on is now covering his mouth, his index finger gently tapping his face as he started to read the letter.