Phone Calls

Cam sat at the desk in the guest room and rested her chin on her knee as she watched the third Harry Potter movie, with headphones on of course as it was late at night. The twins were asleep and Riley was still out with Alex on a case.

Her phone made the message tone and she looked at the screen, seeing it was Hotch.

Are you awake?

Wide awake :)

Not even a few seconds later her phone ringtone fill her ears and she promptly answered it. "Hi Aaron. ..."., she smiled., "...Did you just get back from a case?"., "yes. It was quite disturbing"., "do you want to talk about it?"., Hotch inhaled deeply and exhaled.

"No, if you don't mind"., Cam smiled reassuringly., "of course"., "how are Ana and Julian?"., "they're fine, absolute gems as always. They loved their gifts"., "Sony PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii. All teenagers care about is those video games these days".

Cam laughed at his tone and shook her head., "you know those video games..."., she mocked his voice and he chuckled., "...are actually pretty fun"., "don't make me punish you when you get back"., a steady blush fell across her cheeks.

"I wouldn't mind that"., she smirked., "I can hear you smirking from here"., Cam chuckled and bit her lip, getting distracted by the sound of a door opening. "Hey, I've got to go, I think Riley and Alex are home".

"Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow"., she smiled softly and nodded, sitting up., "I'll talk to you then"., "bye"., she hung up and started walking out to the lounge area. "Hey, guys"., they both gave tired smiles and hugs.

"Hey, did you know that Ana is being bullied? Apparently it's been going on for a couple of months"., well that woke them up. "What?"., they said in unison, angrily. "Yeah, his name's Andy".

Protective mother mode activated.

"I am going to call the school tomorrow and give them a talking to about what they're planning to do about it!..."., she said angrily, starting to storm to Ana's room., "...Or better yet I am going to go there myself-".

"Riley, come on. ..."., Alex stopped her, successfully calming her down., "...we've had a long case, we will deal with this in the morning"., she sighed, nodded and Cam walked up to them. Riley gave Cam a hug and started walking to the room. Cam looked back at Alex and gave him a smile., "goodnight".

6am
Julian started to walk through the house to Ana's room, rhythmically knocking on the door. "Wake up, Ana"., he called out singsongy., "go away!"., "hurry up!"., Cam's crying caught his attention and he quickly tiptoed to the guest room, taking a peek inside.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and started rushing to the kitchen where Riley was cooking breakfast. "Mom, something's wrong with Cam"., Riley looked at him confused., "what do you mean?"., "she's crying in her sleep".

Riley pursed her lips together and nodded., "I'll be back in a moment. Keep an eye on breakfast". Riley walked into the room and saw Cam crying in her sleep and starting to toss and turn. She sat down on the bed and put her hand on her arm.

Cam shot up and Riley quickly moved her hand away. Cam's frightened expressions relaxed a little, seeing that it was just Riley. "Julian heard you crying"., "oh. ..."., she breathed out., "...I'm sorry"., "it's okay. Was it the same one about Max?".

"Yeah"., she put her head in her hands., "I thought you told the others the truth about why you left but you didn't, did you?"., Cam shook her head., "no. I told them that I got a better deal with the BAU".

"Have you talked to anyone about what happened?"., "not really?"., Riley looked at her confused and Cam let out a sigh., "when a similar case came up, I completely zoned out with the memories coming to mind. Aaron kind of pulled me out if it and I told him what happened. In the end, my suggestions of why this unsub was killing them were actually useful so...there's that I guess"., she chuckled dryly and sighed.

MOM! THE FOOD IS BURNING...I THINK!

Cam and Riley chuckled, getting up., "that boy is useless when it comes to cooking anything"., Riley shook her head as they started walking out to the kitchen. "Move aside, Julian. ..."., Riley nudged him to the side and furrowed her eyebrows.

"...It's cooked perfectly, what are you talking about?"., "oh..pfft I knew that"., "mhm sure. Go and get Ana"., "I already tried-"., "now, Julian"., "ugghh! Fine"., he left and Cam went to make herself a tea., "you want a tea, Riley-rae?".

Riley rolled her eyes and sighed., "how many times have I said don't call me that"., "what? It's fun"., "whatever. Yes I'd love one. Alex would too, he'll be up any minute"., "good timing"., Alex walked out, kissing Riley's cheek and ruffling Cam's hair.

"Alex I'm not a child, why do you have to do that?"., "you are a child to me"., "we are the same age"., Alex shook his head and laughed., "what's your plans for today?"., "I have no clue. I was actually thinking about getting Garcia to send me over the files of the case they're working on so I can help out"., "and what's the case?".

Alex asked and she shrugged her shoulders., "I'm not sure yet but I'm going to have to wait until late this afternoon to contact them, it's too early back home"., Riley started to serve up breakfast and the twins walked out., "good Morning, Mom, Dad, Cam"., Ana waved and yawned, sitting down at the table as Riley started to serve up breakfast., "Ana, Julian do you want a cup of tea?"., "yes please"., "yeah".

"Oh hey, I almost forgot!"., Alex said with a mouth full of food., "charming, Alex"., Riley scrunched up her nose as she looked at him. "Hunter asked if you could watch his dog"., Cam raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Hunter has a dog. The man that..."., she brought her hands up and did the quotation marks., "..."hates" dogs"., "yeah, the dog was given to him as a present by his mother. She knows how much he hates dogs but she got him one anyway.

It took a little bit for him to get used to it but now that he is, you should see the way he is with his dog. ..."., Riley smiled., "...He absolutely adores him- here I got a photo on my camera, I'll show you after breakfast. His name is Duke".

9am
Alex pulled up to Hunter's house and looked into the back seat. "There you go. Tell that prick in there to get his but out here"., Cam chuckled and nodded, patting Alex and Riley's shoulder. "I'll see you's soon".

Cam walked up to the door, knocking on it rhythmically. "Cam, you little shit!..."., she heard him call out., "...Shut it!"., Cam chuckled and continued to do it., "come on!"., she called out singsongy.

Hunter opened the door and shot her a little glare, smacking the back of her head. "Now, I wrote down everything you need to know about Duke and left it on the coffee table"., Cam seemed to be amused by what he said.

"Now I thought you didn't like dogs"., Hunter rolled his eyes, grabbed his bag and said goodbye to Duke, quickly giving Cam a hug before he ran to the car. Cam shut the door and heard the patter of feet.

She smiled at the sight of Duke and leaned down, patting her thighs as a way of calling him over. He barked and started walking towards her., "hello, Duke!"., Cam smiled, patting him. He barked again and she gave him a hug, scratching under his chin.

"Now, knowing Hunter, he didn't feed you before he left so let's get you something to eat"., he barked again and followed her as she walked into the kitchen, going to get some food for Duke and make a cup of tea for herself.