First Case Back

Cam pulled up to Hotch's apartment and got out the car, locking it. Today was Hotch's first case back and she would be lying if she said she wasn't a little nervous for him.

He's been away from the BAU for a month and as much as she could, she was over there with him. He hadn't gotten much sleep over his time off period, instead it was spent finding new information on George Foyet, not coming up with anything new and it was driving him crazy.

She knocked on the door and swayed side to side, waiting. Within a few moments the door opened and she pursed her lips, looking at him sadly, seeing how tired he looked. "Are you okay?"., he didn't answer her, instead he grabbed his keys.

"I'm driving"., "uh..well-"., "it's not a question. ..."., he shook his head, grabbing the rest of his things., "...I'm driving. We'll go in my car and I'll drive you back here after we finish the case"., "are you sure-"., "yes, I'm sure"., he said harshly.

Cam nodded., "okay. ..."., she said softly., "...Should we go?"., "yes, let's go"., he set his alarm and they started to walk downstairs. "I shouldn't say anything but Garcia has a little surprise for you"., "a surprise?..."., he sighed out., "...What is it?".

"I can't tell you what it is, it wouldn't be much of a surprise now would it?"., "I don't like surprises, Cam"., she sighed and shook her head., "okay, there's nothing to be worried about, it's not a big surprise".

She got her things out of the car and they got into his. She looked at him and sighed sadly as saw the stress written across his face. He started to drive and Cam shook her head, going in his glovebox., "what are you doing?"., he looked at her confused., "you'll see"., she smiled.

Music started to play and he come to realise that she had put on the Beatles white album. He stopped at a red light and look at her, smiling softly. The light went green and he started tapping his fingers on the steering wheel in time with the music as he continued to drive.

They walked on the jet and Hotch tried to ignore all the staring. He ignored any 'hellos' or 'welcomes back' shutting them down, instantly bringing up the case. While the team talked about it, Cam went into the mini kitchen area of the jet, being the offical coffee/tea maker for the flight. "Here you go, everyone"., she smiled at each of them as she placed them down.

"So why hasn't he killed himself yet?..."., that sentence caught everyone off guard., "...Sprees usually end in suicide. If he's got nothing to live for, why hasn't he ended it yet?"., "because he's not finished yet"., Cam looked at him worriedly.

***
Morgan, Cam and Hotch were at the pharmacy. Cam and Hotch profiling the scene while Morgan talked to the women who last spoke to the unsub, Darren Call. Cam looked at her watch and called out to Hotch.

He looked at her and turned his attention to his watch, both walking over to Morgan. "JJ's press conference is in five minutes"., "wait a minute Hotch, we might have something else here. ..."., Morgan turned back to the lady.

"...Why didn't you give him his own medication?"., well he didn't have any refill's left"., "what was he on?"., Cam asked., "uh, Alprazolam but he used to be on Phiothizene"., "he was on an antipsychotic?"., Hotch said baffled.

"W-Well that's why I wanted him to calm down"., "used to be?..."., Morgan asked., "...How long has he been off them?"., "about a month"., "oh shit"., Cam sighed out., "and when we're you going to tell us this?..."., Hotch said angrily., "...He's armed and delusional. Who's he's doctor?".

"Uh..I don't- my computer. I'm sorry"., "great, great"., Hotch got his phone out of his pocket and walked to the side. Cam smiled at the lady and went after him. "Aaron-"., "call JJ and tell her about the meds"., "this is not this lady's fault".