Attacked

Cam got off the plane and felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. She got it out and saw who it was, quickly answering it. "Hi, Em. I just got off the plane, I'm-"., "Cam, I'm on my way to St Sebastian Hospital"., Cam stopped in her tracks.

"Why? What's wrong?"., "The Reaper came back for Hotch"., her eyebrows furrowed in worry., "w-what? What do you mean?"., "I don't know much else"., "uh, okay okay, I'm on my way"., "do you want me to send a car for you?".

"No, no. That will take to long, I'll just get a cab, they're usually parked outside of the airport"., "I'll see you when you get here"., Cam hung up and started running through the airport, apologising to everyone that she barged.

Cam arrived at the hospital and got out her credentials, starting to race to inside. Her phone went off and she looked at the screen, seeing it was Emily., "5th floor. Room 9"., she shoved her phone back in her pocket and put her credentials away, starting to run to the elevator.

"No running in the hospital, ma'am"., she sighed loudly and nodded., "sorry"., she started to do a power walk instead. She got up to the fifth floor and saw Emily leaning on the wall outside of room 9, biting and picking her nails.

"Emily!"., she called out and she rushed over to her. "What happened?"., "he was stabbed 9 times"., tears brimmed Cam's eyes and her lips quivered as she looked at Hotch lying on a hospital bed.

She walked up to his side and let out a shaky sigh as she ran her fingers through his hair, leaning down and pressed a gentle kiss against his forehead. Cam turned around and saw Emily looking at her., "when will he be up?".

"When I asked the doctor she said about an hour and that was...an hour ago"., Cam sighed and pulled a chair over to the his bedside and sat down, putting her hand on his., "Foyet told Aaron that he would regret not taking the deal. Is this what that was?

All because of that stupid deal?"., "yes, it was"., she heard Rossi's voice and looked to the side, seeing the rest of the team here. "Hey guys"., she gave them a tired smile and wave, looking back at Hotch, running her thumb over the top of his hand as Emily took them outside to tell them everything.

A doctor walked in and started to check him to make sure he was okay. As the routine check started, he began to blink. While the doctor went to tell the others, Cam stood up and he opened his eyes looking at her.

"Where am I?"., "you're in the hospital"., "how did I get here?"., "Foyet drove you"., Morgan said as he and the team walked in. "Aaron, can you remember what happened?"., Cam asked and Hotch closed his eyes.

"What did he take?"., he asked completely ignoring the question, looking at Cam and she gulped., "I wasn't actually in your apartment, I came straight from the airport-"., "I was there. ..."., Emily stood forward, putting her hand up.

"...There was a page missing from your day planner. The 'B' page, in the address section"., a panicked look spread across his face as he gulped, closing his eyes for a moment. "What did he leave?"., "I don't know"., Emily shook her head., "where are my clothes?".

Cam looked to the side and grabbed the big plastic bag, carefully placing it down, trying not to hurt him. Hotch grabbed out the yellow envelope in there and saw Morgan's credentials. He opened them and saw a picture of his ex wife and child.

He closed his eyes and sighed loudly., "Haley's maiden name is Brooks. I always listed her in the Bs in my personal information in case it fell into the wrong hands...and now he knows where they live"., everyone looked at each other shocked and scared.

"Come on, we'll go and get her and Jack. ..."., Rossi said urgently, ushering everyone out., "...Cameron, you stay here. I'll call straight away"., Cam sat back in the chair and she watched as Hotch looked up at the ceiling.

It seemed a bit careless to ask if he was okay, given the events that had occurred and just occurred so she decided to leave it but simply put her hand on his, running her thumb across the top of his hand.

She started to do her nervous tic and the machine started beeping rapidly. Cam quickly got up and started to panic and a doctor rushed in., "what happened?"., "I-I don't know"., Agent Hotchner? Can you hear me? Agent Hotchner?".

To Cam's relief he opened his eyes., "I'm okay"., she looked at him worriedly and the doctor looked at her., "I'm going to need you to step out if the room"., "wh- okay"., she squeezed his hand and walked out, watching as another doctor walked in.

Half an hour went by and Cam had her head resting on the side of the bed. Getting in some sleep as she just got off a plane not to long ago. That didn't last to long though as her phone ringtone filled her ears. She saw it was Rossi and promptly answered it.

Hotch watched Cam urgently for any tells in her body language or if she did nervous tic. "Okay, see you soon. ..."., she hung up and put her phone to the side., "...They're safe, Aaron"., he sighed in relief and let out a restricted pained groan as he sat up. "Hey, be careful"., Cam said worriedly., "I'm okay".

She sat back down and held his hand., "do you want to talk about it?"., she saw his body language change as he gulped and shook his head., "I don't know. After he stabbed me the first time, it all goes blank".

She watched as he did his nervous tic and nodded., "okay. Whenever you're ready"., Cam heard some footsteps behind her and looked over her shoulder, seeing Haley. She shot her a friendly smile and walked out of the room, seeing Emily, Morgan and JJ with someone from the US Marshals Service.

She looked passed them and saw that Rossi was trying to cheer up Jack. She walked up to them and put her hand in Rossi's shoulder. "Where's Reid?"., "he's in another hospital room. He got shot in the leg"., Cam's eyes widened and she shook her head.

"Why is everyone getting injured?"., Jack tapped her leg and Cam gave him a reassuring smile as she leaned down. "Is my Dad going to be okay?"., she smiled and nodded., "yes, he's going to be okay"., Haley walked up to Jack and smiled., "come on, let's go see your dad"., "okay, bye-bye"., Jack smiled and waved and Cam did the same.

Jack and Haley went back into the room and Cam stood up along with Rossi. "Is Reid okay?"., "he's going to be relying on crutches and a cane for a while but he's going to be fine"., "we have to find this bastard. ..."., Cam said angrily., "...It's not fair that Hotch has to be away from Jack because of Foyet".

Rossi nodded., "I know it's not, but we'll catch him"., he patted her back and walked into the room as he saw Haley and Jack walk back out. Cam sat down on the chair's outside and sighed, crossing her arms.

"Cam"., she looked up and saw Emily with a cup of tea on her hand. She looked up at her and smiled, taking the cup out of her hands. Emily sighed and sat down, shaking her head., "Cameron. ..."., Rossi called out to her and she looked up at him.

"...Aaron wants to see you"., she stood up and placed the cup down on the chair, walking into the room. She saw tears welling in his eyes as he was completely zoned out. "Aaron"., she said as she walked up to him.

She put her hand on the back of his head, running her fingers through the back of his hair as she pressed a gentle kiss against his forehead. He let out a loud sigh, closing his eyes. He didn't want to speak about anything at the moment but he just wanted her to be in the room with him and Cam was more than fine with that.