Bad News

Cam became more confused and she tilted her head slightly., "what do you mean? What's wrong?"., "Riley and Alex"., he whispered. That's all she needed and tears started streaming down her cheeks., "no. ..."., she said quietly and shakily.

She walked out of the bullpen to keep the team from seeing her breaking down., "...Wha-What happened?"., "the suspect they were chasing..starting firing rapidly at the team, everyone got to cover in time, but not them..."., Dom let out a shaky breath., "...They bled out on the way to the hospital".

Cam started to silently sob., "no, they can't be gone"., she said, denying it profusely., "they are"., Dom said, his voice wavering., "where is Ana and Julian? Do they know?"., "yes they do. They're with Hunter"., "I'm on my way".

Cam hung up the phone and put it in her pocket and wiped her eyes, walking back to the big glass door. She hated goodbyes, she never liked them even when she was a child. She didn't want to leave them but she needed to be there for godchildren.

She exhaled deeply and walked in, discreetly putting her gun and badge in her drawer. She started going up to them and was going to say goodbye the only way she knew how. "Hey! Where did you disappear too?"., Emily spoke and Cam wrapped her arms around her.

Everyone including Emily looked at her confused but she returned to hug. Cam let the hug last for a few seconds before moving to Garcia. ''Hugs!...''., Garcia beamed, hugging her back and Cam smiled sadly., ''...Why are we hugging?''.

She didn't answer for a moment before moving to Reid. ''I know you don't like hugs, Reid, but you're getting one anyway''., Reid hugged her back, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. Cam hugged Morgan and even though he hugged her back, he shook his head.

''Cam, are you okay?''., ''yes. ...''., her voice wavered, trying not to break down., ''...E-Everything is fine''., she hugged Rossi and he rubbed her back, trying to comfort her, knowing something was wrong. She started to rush up to Hotch's office, knocking hurriedly on the door.

''Come in''., she opened the door and saw him starting to pack everything up. He looked up at her and smiled., ''hey''., Cam looked at him for a moment and smiled sadly. She wanted to stay in touch with him as much as possible.

But realistically with the schedule they both had, that probably wouldn't happen. She walked over to him and stood on her tippy toes, wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing her lips against his. Hotch's hands held her waist, keeping her close.

The kiss was slow and loving, savouring the last moments she had with him. ''I love you''., she whispered, not giving him a chance to reply as she started to rush out of his office. She saw the team staring at her and she took one last look at them before she rushed out of the bullpen.

''Hotch?...''., Reid called out to him and he quickly walked down the stairs, seeing her rushing into the elevator., ''...Is Cam okay?''., Hotch stared at the elevator as it started to close and shook his head., ''I don't know''., Hotch ran up to the elevator, going down to the carpark.

He was to late. He got down to the carpark and saw Cam's car leaving the carpark. He quickly got his phone out and dialled her phone number, letting out a frustrated sigh as it rang a few times but ultimately went to voicemail.

Hey, you have reached Cameron Mackely. I'm sorry I can't come to the phone right now. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

''Cam, where are you going? Can you call me back please?''., he hung up and rushed back to the elevator, memories filling his head.

Hotch started to pack everything up, grabbing his bag and ready to leave the academy. He heard a knock at his room door and opened it, a smile finding it's way to his face. ''Hey, I'm-''., Cam cut him off by wrapping her arms around his neck., ''I'm sorry''., her voice wavered.