The Reaper (1)

A Few Months Later
The team just finished dealing with a Priest who was attempting to banish the devil from people's bodies. Right now while some of the members were dealing with the unsub, Cam was trying her best to comfort Emily as one of her friends was a victim.

"Cam, I'm fine really. ..."., Emily sighed out, stepping away from her., "...I just need to go for a walk, get some air"., "do you want me to go with you?"., Cam asked and Emily shook her head., "I need to be by myself for a while".

"Okay. ..."., Cam smiled., "...I'll see you soon"., she walked over to the others and become confused as she didn't see Hotch anywhere. "Where's Aaron?"., she looked at Rossi., "he had to take a phone call"., "alright. ..."., Cam sighed out.

"...I'm going to head home, I have loads of packing to do"., she walked over to Aaron and put her hand on his back., "I'm going home"., she whispered. He looked back at her, giving her a smile and placing his hand on her lower back briefly.

She finally got home and like she does every night she took off her guns, placing them down as well as her ID. She walked into her room and opened her closet, getting out the wrapping paper and presents she got for Ana and Julian as well her suitcase, starting to pack her things.

***
Cam walked into the bullpen, drinking her cup of tea that she brought with her. She looked up at Hotch's office and saw him in there with JJ. Tense. She looked at Reid who was preoccupied explaining a theory to Emily.

Not that she was listening as she wanted to know what was going on up there as well. Cam turned her attention to Morgan who was on his computer, checking his emails. "That doesn't look good. ..."., she sighed, standing beside Reid and Emily.

"...What's happening up-"., she cut herself off as she saw Hotch rushing from his office with his go-bag in hand, storming passed all of them. JJ shook her head and threw her hands in the air., "I guess we're going to Boston".

Everyone arrived on the jet and while most of the team took their seats, Cam went to make sure Hotch was okay. She furrowed her eyebrows in worry as she saw him rubbing his forehead in frustration., "is everything okay?".

"I'm fine"., he walked straight past her and her furrowed eyebrows turned to confusion as he passed over a piece of paper in a plastic sleeve to her. "What's this?"., "a deal. Between Tom Shaunessy and The Reaper".

"The Boston Reaper, I remember him. ..."., Reid said, taking the piece of paper off of Cam., "...If you stop hunting me, I'll stop hunting them. For as long as we both shall live. Till death do us part. If you agree to my terms take out a personal ad in the Michigan Post".

"The Reaper is driven by an need to dominate, control and manipulate"., "so then why would he offer a deal that would stop him from dong that"., Emily asked and Hotch shook his head, sitting down., "killing gave him power, but after so many the payoff began to diminish.

So he decided to switch tactics. Offering the deal gave him the ultimate power. Even better then the killing. He manipulated the police into voluntarily surrendering to him"., "but if he won why did he start killing again?"., Cam asked.

"Well the only person who knew he'd won, just died"., Morgan said as he got the deal off of Reid. "Narcissistic killers need other people to recognise the power. ..."., Rossi nodded., "...That's why they contact they media".

"So how did he stop for ten years?"., Emily proposed a question and Reid of course jumped to answering it. "In Night Of The Reaper the author proposes that he had been arrested for an unrelated crime or that he died. Perhaps he's trying to correct that misconception".