Talk

A Few Days Later
"Really, Aaron, I can open the door by myself"., Hotch shook his head., "no, it's okay, I don't mind. ..."., he shut the door and placed her belongings down., "...I'm just sorry I couldn't be there for you over the past three days".

"It's okay. ..."., she sighed out., "...You're forgetting something, Aaron"., he looked back at her confused., " I don't understand?"., "I've met Strauss, there's no need to apologise"., he chuckled and let out a sigh as he looked around her house with a smile.

"A dark academia feel to it. It's nice"., "thankyou"., she smiled as they started to walk to her room., "you know who would love this house?"., Hotch asked and Cam smiled and chuckled., "yeah, I know. Reid".

He helped her into bed, despite Cam's protests. "Stop being so stubborn"., "I'm not being stubborn, I'm just saying I can do it by myself"., "do you want me to get you anything?"., she sighed and nodded., "a tea pleas-".

Cam got cut off by Hotch's ringtone, filling their ears. He closed his eyes for a moment and sighed. "I'm sorry. ..."., he got his phone out of his pocket., "...Excuse me. Yeah, Gideon"., she watches as his eyebrows furrowed together.

After a few minutes he hung up the phone and Cam sighed. "You have to go?"., "I'll make you your tea and something to eat before I leave"., he said, quickly leaving the room.

***
She sat on the sofa, pulling her blanket over herself and turned on the TV. As she relaxed into the sofa she let out an annoyed groan as she heard her phone go off. She grabbed it off the table and looked at the screen, seeing it was Toby.

Well it's now or never.

"Hey Toby"., "hey..are you on a case?"., " not for awhile, no"., she sighed out., "cool..uh maybe we could have that chat now?"., " sounds good yeah. ..."., she nodded., "...I've been meaning to talk to you"., "I'll see you-".

"Uh, wait. You'll have to bring your key, I've been ordered not to move unless absolute necessary"., "why?"., "you'll find out when you get here"., "uh..okay. I'll see you soon"., she hung up and put her phone down, watching the TV as she waited for Toby.

Half An Hour Later
Cam heard the door open and called out to Toby to make sure it was him. He walked into the room and gasped. "What happened?"., "all of these injuries you see are the results of a bomb"., "a bomb? Just a broken nose and black eyes? Damn you're lucky".

Cam sighed angrily and chuckled dryly., "that's what the doctor said, but I guarantee you, a whole lot of stitch's in your back, two black eyes and a broken nose is not so lucky"., Toby cleared his throat and nodded., "right, sorry. We can do this another time if you'd like?".

She shook her head and sighed., "no, I'll just put it off otherwise"., Toby looked at her confused., "what do you mean?"., "I kissed Aaron..twice. ..."., Toby put his head down and sighed., "...I want to be with him".

"I know you do. I thought you would never admit it"., Cam nodded and Toby let out another sigh. "Cam, I still want to be in your life. We were good friends before we started dating and I would like to think we still can be, like that's not going to change".

She stayed silent for a moment and nodded., "okay. ..."., she smiled., "...I would like that too"., he smiled briefly, looking at his watch., "uh, I have to get back and give Dad his medication"., "well they don't want it but give him and your mother my best".

"I will. ..."., Toby got up and shot her a smile., "...I'll be back tomorrow to get my stuff"., he leaned down and kissed her cheek before leaving the house. Cam looked down at her hand, playing with the ring before taking it off and putting it on the coffee table.

Sorry for the short chapter.