The Reaper (2)

Hotch pulled up to Foyet's house and Rossi sighed., "so are these two friends?"., Rossi asked, looking at Hotch who shook his head., "sort of. He wouldn't give Roy his phone number but he did give him one of his aliases".

Cam looked out the window and saw Foyet with groceries in his hand., "there he is"., she pointed him out and they got out of the car, locking it. They walked over to him, starting to get out their credentials. "George Foyet?".

Foyet stopped and looked up at them., "it's okay. ..."., Hotch reassured., "...We're FBI. This is Agent Rossi and Agent Mackley. I'm Agent Hotchner, we've met once before. Do you remember?"., "yeah, I remember. ..."., he looked behind him and around., "...Would you mind if we get off the street please?"., "yeah, sure"., Hotch nodded.

They all walked into Foyet's home and he started to cough unnecessarily loud. "How did you guys find me?"., he questioned, putting down his groceries and getting his medication., "Roy Colson"., he whipped his head to them., "oh. ...Is this going to take long because I really can't be late for work".

"What do you do?"., Cam asked., "I'm a freelance computer specialist for the city"., "we're very sorry to bother you. ..."., Rossi nodded., "...We'll make it as quick as possible"., "are these yours?"., Hotch held out the glasses they collected from the crime scene.

Foyet looked at Hotch shocked and took the glasses off of him., "I knew it wasn't a copycat"., he cut himself off, again coughing unnecessarily loud. Rossi got him some water and he sat down, apologising and putting his head down.

"I was going to propose to her that night. ..."., he looked up at them., "...At the restaurant, but I got called feet"., "Mr Foyet, you don't need to go through this again"., Rossi said but he continued, choking up., "I couldn't move. I just sat there, bleeding. I watched him kill Mandy.

He stabbed her 67 times. Do you know how long it takes to stab someone 67 times?"., Cam furrowed her eyebrows in confusion., "why would you ask that?"., Cam crossed her arms and Foyet sniffled, wiping his nose.

"What?"., Hotch and Rossi looked at Cam., "you said "do you know how long it takes to stab someone 67 times". Why would you say that?"., "Cam, it's a hypothetical. ..."., Hotch muttered, handing her the keys., "...I think you should go wait in the car".

She let out a frustrated sigh and started to walk out. As she did, she heard Hotch apologising on her behalf. She got into the back of the car and sighed, resting her head against the window., "this is bullshit".

After a few minutes they got back into the car and started driving back to the police station. "What was that?..."., Hotch asked, looking in the review mirror., "...You're letting your emotions get the best of you".

"There's something off about that guy"., Hotch sighed and shook his head., "that may be true but you cannot just go and accuse someone of murder"., she sighed and nodded., "yeah...you're right"., she muttered, resting her head back against the window.

They arrived back at the police station and Hotch saw that Roy Colson was waiting for him. They got out of the car and Hotch rushed over, seeing his panicky expression. "Hey, uh this was dropped off at my office".

Roy gave it to Rossi and he shook his head, showing it to Hotch. He and Cam shook their heads and Rossi nodded and cleared his throat. "I'll get this to the lab"., Hotch nodded and put his hand on Cam's back., "go with him".

***
The next day, the team arrived back at the station with a whole bunch of different information to go through. The Reaper struck again, only this time a bus full of victims. Hotch chuck the crime scene photos down in the table, specifically the ones about the code The Reaper left.