Chapter one.

The alarm rung at exactly 6:00am and Ivy jumps up from her bed,I quickly grab her towel and runs to the bathroom to prepare to go for another job hunt, As soon as the time reaches 7:00pm i was already dressed for work in a blue and white stripes T-shirt tucked in a black pencil skirt on a white sneakers I carried my black handbag and went directly to the kitchen i dropped my  bag on the counter and first of all rinsed my hands  then i warmed the leftover of yesterday pancakes in the microwaves and place it on a flat plate I took a strawberry ketchup from the fridge and placed it on the kitchen counter, I got a bottled water from the fridge and a glass cup from the cupboard i takes a white tray despite the fact that my  house is free from all sort of pest I am a  very clean freak so i still rinsed both the cup and the tray, I  sat on a stool at the counter and slowly devour my breakfast.
               You might have been wondering why I do not have an job but I live in a mansion first of all Permit me to introduce myself, I am Ivy King, I am a very beautiful and intelligent lady but to burst your bubble I am a divorcee with no child, That son of a bastard was actually married he lied to me, he only married me because of my parents money after two months of marriage he realized that I was not interested in my parents wealth and I turned down any offer given to him by my parents and he left just like that. My Father is the owner of "The kings production company" we produces software program both apps and games and mind you, we are the number one best software application company in the whole of America can you imagine that!! and as the first born of the family I ought to be the heir to the throne forgive me for using the word "throne" but there is no other word to describe that kind of position but to burst your bubble I turned down the offer  i clearly told them that it should be handed over to my youngest brother who is typically a playboy I refused such lifetime position like it was just a strand of chips!!! All because of what? I wanted to make my own hard earned money they were all against these but still left the topic saying that they would give me time to think about it my mother has arranged me on dates for me to get married before I turn thirty and all the dates I attended I didn't meet the kind of guy that I want maybe my choice is too hard probably because there is no Mr perfect in these world. That is why my house is as big as a mansion even against my will I was forced to live here I guess they are trying to make life hard for me their plan is to make life lonely for me but they don't know that they made it better because the house was always full with drama which made me to have a serious headache because if it is not my younger brother Ryan bringing ladies home it is my mother nagging him or Ryan turning the house to a club house or it is my mom reminding me everyday to get married informing me that I am not getting any younger but I know that maybe I couldn't find my Mr perfect because I had not yet gotten over my ex husband Ryan.
           As I was still drawn in my thoughts my phone alarm rang phphphphph!!!yeah it was already 8:30am I needed to hurry the interview was beginning at 9:00am I stopped at the cupboard in the sitting room and picked a bunch of keys it contained the keys to my favourites cars.
      I walked towards the car park and entered one of my favourite cars in less than five minutes I was making my way to the company.
            ****************************
    I arrived at the venue by 8:44am I quickly got out of the car and walked smartly into the building I don't know why I kind of got the feeling that I would be chosen for these job but well don't let me count my chicks before I lay my egg.
      I walked into the skyscraper and I went straight to the receptionist, "Excuse me please I am here for an interview with the CEO of these company"
          "You will have to go to the ninth floor then you will ask the receptionist on that floor" The lady replied.
           "Thanks" I said and headed for the elevator.
          ****************************
     I got to the ninth floor in less than ten minutes and I met with the receptionist who directed me to the CEO office I knocked on the door and I was ushered in.
       His chair was facing the other side "Good day sir" I greeted.
       "Good day how may I help you" He asked still facing the other side.
       "I am here for the job interview" I replied.
     He turned his chair and faced me OMG!! Gosh it is the last guy I met at the restaurant at my last date have I told you guys probably I have not let me explain briefly what happened on that day  it was another day to go on a date and my mother planned me out with these guy.
      "I know how you feel to be sitting right in front of a billionaire" he said.
   "What!! Like I don't understand" I tried hard to get the words out of my mouth.
     "Oohoh I know how you feel so don't stress yourself " he said as he poured wine into my wine cup.
      I tried to remain calm but i could not hold it any longer when he spilled these bull shit out of his mouth.
            "I am a caring man and I would never change even after our marriage" he said and smiled.
          Who wanted to marry him gosh!!! What am I doing with these guy. "Hey!!!" I shouted and everyone stared at us.
          He didn't care that people were staring"I guess we should have three kids two girls and a boy " he said with a cute smile.
        "Who told you that i wanted to marry you talk less of having children with you it would be a nightmare to ever do so and let me make these know to you in case  no one has ever told you but as a kind Lady I will advise you to think before you talk because you act like a dummy!! and you are so full of yourself excuse me" I said and walked out with great annoyance.
             Gosh he is the CEO I am sure he will never give me these job ever so it's better I don't waste my time.
    I turned and headed for the door when he finally broke the perfect silence" Where did you think you are going to, have your seat Ivy King" he said with an awkward smile.
         I turned back and I had my seat I tried to return the smile but it looked more like a grin than a smile.
         He extended his palm toward mine. what did he want me to do if he is going to repeat the same thing he said last week he better make it clear to me now.
            "Sir?" I asked.
           " From the moment you entered my office I knew you were dumb but I didn't know that you were this dumb! You still don't get it" he said and I nodded. "Your curriculum Vitae" he said and I immediately handed it over to him "tttttt" he shakes his head in disappointment.
        He used five minutes to check it and told me that " You qualify for this job. You are now officially my secretary" he said and added " Your office is the second to the left when you settle at your office report back to me" "and don't forget what I told you last week" he continued.
        Gosh why did he give me this job is he trying to punish me wait but why do I feel guilty he is the bad person here not me! Get yourself back Ivy King I thought as I walked to my office holding the key to my office, After settling down at my office I returned back to him to write down his schedule.
              **************************
      Today is a very tiring day for me the job was not easy but at least it is better than sitting down at home doing nothing and going for useless date, My phone rings and I picked it up from the table it is my mum.
       " Hello mum I finally got a job can you believe that and it is at the number one best hardware company in America, I am the CEO secretary. " I informed her.
        "Mum, Mum" I asked after I receiving no response.
        "Hm  Yeah" she replied.
           " Are you even listening " I asked her.
           "That is not important the most important thing is that you have to be here urgently." She said.
        " Wait mum is anything wrong" I asked
         " Don't question me just come I will be expecting you" she replied about to end the call.
        "Wait! But it is already late" I replied.
         "It is just 4:00pm I am sure you will get here before 5:00pm and get some dress you will wear tomorrow you will be sleeping overnight" she said and cut the call without waiting for a reply.
          I don't understand why I am been called but I will hurry I hope it is not something serious.
        I quickly packed some dresses and folded it neatly in an luggage bag I packed other necessities too.
         ************************
     I arrived at exactly 5:00pm and the door was opened by the maid she called her assistant to help me with my belongings to my bedroom and informed me that The family are waiting for me in the dinning room.
       I walked to the dinning room and entered after greeting my parent, I saw at everyone felt tensed and I was anxious of what they are going to tell me that is making them anxious  like these for the first time.
     " Have your seat " My father broke the silence.
        " Thanks" I replied as I sat.
         " Do you know Ainsoft hardware company" he asked.
         "Yes, I work there, What about them?" I asked.
         " The owner of the company requested for his son to marry you for our company to go stronger, Do you know how it will be for The best software company and the best hardware company in America to join hands together and work as one!"
    " I am speechless because I didn't expect to be used as pawns in your business!!!! You are evil!!!" I screamed and stomped out.
       "Ivy come back here, come back here" he called onto her but no response because the Ivy you are calling is currently in her bed.
       "What did you expect after selling your daughter off for your company" says Ryan.
         " Would you shut up!! " Mrs King cautioned.
         Ryan whistled as he left the dinning room "Today will be amazing what a nice drama house this house will become"
    "Don't worry I will talk to her" says Mrs Kings as she left the dinning room for Ivy's room.