Chapter 21

You woke up with a headache that caused you to groan a bit. 'How much did I drink?' As you sit up, you see half of the red team passed out. Suddenly, you remembered what happened last night, when you were dared to kiss your favorite mercenary on the cheeks. You're not sure if you're proud, or mad that you wouldn't be able to kiss him while being drunk.

'I'll just pretend it was a fever dream. Even though there's always a next time to do it...'

You get up, and stumble, heading to the kitchen to grab yourself a water bottle. You open the bottle and chug it down, trying to sober yourself. While you're drinking some water bottle, Soldier peeks his head to the kitchen and smirks as he sees you. He quietly walks up next to you.

"GOOD MORNING THIEF!!" he yelled, as you spit water out and accidentally slap him across the face. "Ow..."

"Soldier! What the fuck man!? I could have killed you if I had a weapon on me!"

"But you have no weapon on you!" he replied.

"I know that smartass," you grumbled as Soldier chuckled, "what do you want?"

"We need to get ready for the next round!"

"Soldier... it's fucking 6:30 in the fucking morning..." you grumbled.

He gave you a puzzled look, "it is?"

"Honestly, I'm surprised as well," you commented before chugging the water bottle down.

~~

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."

After the countdown, the alarm has been sounded. You and the red team start firing at the blu team. Medic already used the ubercharge on Pyro to burn most of the blu team, you hear them screaming in agony. You somewhat find it amusing and this might give you ptsd and you have no choice but get used to it.

However, once Medic's uber is out, most of the red team are gunned down mostly because of blu Heavy and blu Pyro. None of you guys are freaking out yet, Engine already set his sentry where most blu team will struggle to push the cart forward for a while.

After you respawn, you head to Engie's location, so you and Pyro can guard the dispenser and his sentry while he's building a teleporter. Something in your gut is telling you something is not right. Before you know it, you see Scout running up to Pyro.

"Pyro, Spy check!" you yelled. Pyro nod their head and uses the flamethrower, but Scout manages to dodge, and Pyro just uses air blast to send Scout flying to the air. You felt a little relief, but you somehow spotted him smirking, and your eyes widened when you realized that Scout was strategizing and backstab Pyro once 'he' landed.

It took you by surprise that it wasn't Spy at all, it was in fact blu you. They give you a sinister smile, before they shoot you in the gut.

"Shit!" you curse, falling on your back as they walk up to you and point their pistol on your chest. All you can do is give them a death glare, which they smile.

"You're gonna have a bad time," they said before finishing you off.

Ten seconds later, you respawn in the locker room.

'What the hell!?'

"30 seconds added for the blu team," the administration announced.

"Shit, that can't be good," you whispered. You head outside, continue running to the battlefield, before you can even reach the fight, you feel a sharp pain behind your back, causing you to scream out in agony. You expect to be killed by blu you, but it wasn't them this time, it was blu Spy.

You respawned again, slowly getting frustrated, but retained your composure. Suddenly you see Medic appear out of nowhere, he starts to get frustrated and grumbles something in German that you didn't understand. Sometimes being clouded by emotions doesn't help you get the job done in the warzone.

You head out again, only to find blu team pushing the cart forward, which you and the team are trying so hard to push them back. You recently saw Heavy get backstabbed by blu Spy, that you go after him and gun him down. You shot him right in the head, only to get shot in the head by blu Sniper.

'Ah, fuck off campers!'

You respawned again, this time half of your teammates are in the respawn room. You and Medic are not the only ones who are getting frustrated.

"Ugh! I can't believe dis!" Scout whined, before storming out.

You see Heavy also getting mad, but he still remains his composure and heads out and fires at the blu team. You head out to see that Heavy is still trying to fight back despite the odds stacked against him. You see blu Sniper aiming at his head that you quickly grab out a pistol and shoot him, before he can fire. You run out of cover firing at the blu team, trying to go after blu Sniper inside the building.

As you go in the building, you see a blu sentry start to fire at you that you hide for cover. Before you can peek your head out, you feel someone place their hand on your shoulder causing you to flinch and you're about to scream (not because you want to scream), which Red Spy instantly places his hand on top of your mouth and makes a gesture to be quiet.

After he removes his hand from your face, you gave him a death glare and you decide to shoot him right in the arm.

"Ow! What ze hell Zief!?" he whispered yell only for you to hear.

"I just wanna make sure that you're Spy and not the blu team," you said casually only for him to hear.

Spy rolled his eyes, "just sit back let me take care of ze sentry and 'ou take care of zat filzy jar man."

You nodded your head, before Spy can disappear in the thin air, you notice something is wrong, especially when Spy makes a puzzled look.

"Merde..." Spy mumbled. He grabs his disguise kit and pretends to be Engie. You watched him walk up to the sentry, as you watched, you spotted the blu Engineer hiding. You came out of your cover spot and shot Engie in the head, only for the sentry to fire at you. You quickly went back for cover, but it took out half of your health, for your arm to bleed out.

Spy instantly places the sapper before taking out the blu Sniper while he was distracted because of you. You and Spy sigh in relief, until out of nowhere Spy was shot in the head.

"SPY!" you screamed, only for you to get shot in the stomach and you're down to one health. "You got to be fucking kidding me!"

"Hello red me! Miss me?" blu you asked.

"I fucking hate you!" you growl, as the blu Thief laughs.

"You failed!" the administrator said, as you hear the explosion from outside.

The blu Thief smirks, "Look how the table turns... How does it feel to lose?"

"I'm going to get my revenge! You bitch!"

"Wow, is that how you talk to yourself like that?" they said, kneeling down to your level, "that's okay. I hate you too." They casually grab out a knife and place it in your wounded stomach, causing you to cry out in pain. "I would kill you right away, but that won't satisfy me."

"Why? Because you hate yourself that much!?"

The blu Thief smirks, "you may think that way, but we both know the truth. You hate yourself, more than me."

"What's the fucking difference!?"

"The difference between you and me is that I'm just a copy of you but better. You wish that you're me, but deep down, y'know that you will never be like me. You wish you're as confident and skillful as me, but it's never going to happen."

Before you can say something, you instantly get shot in the head and get dominated by blu you.

"Dominated bitch."