Chapter 37

They have been walking in the cave for a while now. It's been nothing but dead silence with the exception of water dripping and the sound of their footsteps.

"Dell, we should try contact with the others and see if they have their luck in their end," Thief said.

Dell nods and grabs out his hand-held radio, "Scout, what is your status?"

"Nothin'," Scout replied, "nothin' but Soldier bein'-"

Thief and Demoman look at Dell with a hint of concern when they hear a static sound.

"Scout, can you repeat that? You're breakin' up on mah end."

"Oh! Spy fou- someth- it's a- piec- of-'' the static noise takes over.

Demoman stares at Thief and Dell with a mixture of annoyance and concern, "I'm startin' to agree with Sniper."

"I hope we're alone," Thief muttered.

"Me too kid, me too..."

~~

Blu Scout rushed to blu Spy's direction, "whatcha got Spy?"

"I found zis," Spy said, showing them a piece of scrap metal.

"What does that have to do with anything!? That's just a piece of metal! Nothing special about it!" Soldier said.

"Quiet it down, you imbecile!" Spy said, "I zink we're not alone in zis cave."

'Great I'm startin' to have goosebumps...' Scout thinks to himself.

"I REFUSE TO QUIET DOWN!! I AM NO COWARD!! AND I WILL SCREAM WHENEVER I WANT AND HOWEVER I WANT!!!"

"Soldier! Ze yellin' is totally unnecessary!" Spy said as he continued walking forward in front of the team, "we should keep goin' befo-"

BANG!

The bullet went through Spy's skull and Spy fell limb.

~~

Thief looks around with caution, Demoman and Dell look at the Thief with concern.

"Are you doin' alright lass/lad?" Demo asked.

The Thief looked at Demoman with a surprised look, "didn't you hear anything?"

"Hear what?" Demoman asked while Dell shrugged.

"I hear something like a gunshot or something loud or... I'm just hearing some things?"

Dell placed his hand on their shoulder, "it's okay Thief, everything will be okay. Ah think you're just worrying for your teammates which Ah can't blame ya, but we gotta keep movin' forward and we still need to find Pahro."

"Yeah. Let's keep on going."

~~

Sniper look through the scope and so far. Nothing but dead silence.

Heavy and Medic are patrolling around, so far nothing but trees, grass and whatever is surrounding them.

"How about ve leave zem und I'll do mein experiments und come back here und act like ve haven't left zis area at all. How does zat sound Heavy?"

"Heavy refuse leaving ze team, Doktor," blu Heavy replied.

Blu Medic rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath.

Medic and Heavy lift turn their head to the direction where they hear someone or something behind the brush.

"Get behind me Doktor," Heavy said.

Medic gets behind Heavy as Heavy heads toward the brush. Heavy and Medic relax when they see a small critter hopping out of the brush.

Meanwhile Sniper sees some movements through the forest and he looks through the scope.

He sees a figure walking, he aims at the head and pulls the trigger. After taking the shot, Sniper climbs down from the tree and heads to the scene to check it out. The closer he gets to the scene, the more bad feeling he starts to get. Before he sees the body, his gut feeling is telling him that he's not alone. Not willing to take a huge risk of being out in the open, he goes into the brush, and uses his scope to check it out. As he used the scope to look at the body, the bullet flew through the scope and got him right in the eye.

Heavy and Medic hear Sniper's scream. Heavy and Medic rush to Sniper's location. Only to find Sniper's body out in the open. Before Heavy and Medic can investigate the scene, someone or something starts attacking Heavy and Medic which Heavy and Medic fights back.

~~

Thief, Dell and Demoman continued walking, until they spotted an opened briefcase laying on top of the desk. Dell walks towards it, while Thief looks a bit disappointed.

"That's it? We all came this way to get the intelligence?" Thief groaned, "I was expecting something way more important."

"Kid, we didn't just come here for the intelligence," Dell said.

Thief walks up to Dell, "then what is it we're here f-" Thief stops as they stare at the briefcase. Inside the briefcase, it was shiny, bright and it resembled gold. "Is that gold? We're going after? That explains everything."

Dell shakes his head, "that's not gold, those are australium."

Thief turn their head to Dell, "australium?" Thief picks the autralium up to look at it, "I don't see what's the difference between gold and austra- oh nevermind..." Thief said once they see a kangaroo symbol on the back of the australium.

Dell takes the australium out of their hand and puts it back in the briefcase and closes it.

"Tell me, what's so unique with the australium?" Thief asked.

"You see lass/lad, the australium provides us super advanced technologies and they give us upgraded weapons."

"Advanced technologies, huh..." Thief commented quietly, "that explained why the two brothers are still alive..." Thief turn their head to Dell, only to notice that the atmosphere suddenly changes out of nowhere. "Anyway, I'll just keep scouting ahead and hopefully I'll find Pyro along the way," they said and walked away.

Demoman turned his head to Dell, "what the bloody hell just happened?"

Dell shrugs it off, "Ah think this place is startin' to creep 'em out. C'mon, let's go after 'em before somethin' happens."

Meanwhile, Thief continues walking, thinking quietly to themselves. While they're lost in thoughts, they trip over something.

"What the?" they look to see what causes them to trip, only to find a piece of scrap metal. They pick the piece up to examine it. 'Scrap metal? What's going on?'

Thief grabs out their pistol and continues walking forward until they find a door. With caution and curiosity, they open the door which makes a creek sound, and the room is pitch black.

'Fuck my life...'

Thief grab out their flashlight and cautiously walk and look around. Something catches Thief's eye and walks up to the desk only to find the intelligence, along with that, they look up only to find a board in front of them. They point the flashlight on the board. They quietly read the plan on the board to themselves, their eyes slowly widened the more they learned more about the plan.

Thief picks the intelligence up. Before they have a chance of walking out, they see a box. They put their pistol away and open the box only to find a metal head that resembles Soldier.

"What the hell is this?" Thief looks around while their gut is telling them that they should leave. However, Thief can't help but see something behind the crate. They slowly walk toward the direction pointing the flashlight at the crate, only to see Pyro's gloves.

Thief sighs in relief walking up toward them, "there you are Pyro, I thought you were-" before Thief could finish the sentence, they dropped the flashlight while their eyes were filled with horror and shock.

Pyro is lying there in the pool of her blood. Limbs are torn apart, his body is filled with bullet holes. Worst of all, his head is cut off from her body.

Pyro is dead.