Chapter 26

“Way fuckin’ go, Thief,” Scout said as the red team walk in the base. “Dis is dah 3rd time we lost to blu teams.” 

“Oh!? It's going to be that night again!?"  

“Not again…” Engie said facepalming, while Medic, Sniper and Demoman instantly left the scene. 

“Zis never ends…” Heavy said while you and Scout are arguing in the background. 

Engie sees that Spy silently walking up to you and Scout. "Pahro, Ah think you should leave before things escalate," he whispered. 

Pyro nods their head and leaves the scene before Spy grabs you and Scout by the ear. 

"I 'AVE ENOUGH OF 'OU TWO BITCHIN' AROUND!!" 

"OW! SPY WHAT THE FUCK!?" you screamed. 

"YEAH! DIS SHIT HURTS!!" 

"SHUT UP BOTH OF 'OU!!" 

You and Scout stood there in silence, despite being in pain. 

"Now listen 'ere! Tomorrow, I don't want to 'ear any of you two arguin' throughout the day!" 

"But we weren't arguin', we were tryin' to- ow!" Scout winces in pain as Spy tightens his grip to shut him up, then he turns his direction to you. 

"Do 'ou 'ave anyzing to say?" 

You keep your mouth shut. 

"No? Good. As I was sayin' before I was rudely interrupted!" He said, giving Scout a glare. "'Ou two better figure somezing out and learn 'ow to tolerate with each other or I will do it for both of 'ou. Do you understand?" 

You and Scout instantly nod. 

"Good," Spy said, letting go of yours and Scout's ear. You and Scout instantly rub the ear.

"That's it? No beating their ass?" Soldier asked. 

"If 'ou want to discipline zem, do it 'ourself," Spy said and then disappear out of midair. 

"I have no time to babysit! I need to get ready for the next fight! And this time we will win!" He said and walked off. 

Heavy already left the scene, since his precious sandvich already called for him to be devoured. 

"I thought I was going to lose my hearing," you commented. 

Scout didn't say anything, he instantly walked off. 

You deeply sigh, as you feel a hand on your shoulder. You turn only to see Engie. 

"You okay?" 

"I'm… I don't know," you replied. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" 

You shake your head, "I don't think there's anything for me to talk about. I think I need to be alone." 

Before Engie can say anything. You walk away. 

You sit outside of the base, watching the sunset, as the night takes over the sky. The weather is nice, and the scenery puts your mind at ease. 

Suddenly you feel someone is walking up behind you. You instantly turn around, only for you to give Spy a glare. 

"Go away Spy… you're the last person I want to see." 

Spy rolled his eyes, as he grabbed his cigarette out and sat right next to you. What's worse is that he lights his cigarette up, only for you to smell smoke instead of enjoying the fresh air. 

'Great… good way to ruin the mood!'

"Want one?" He offered the cigarette to you. 

"No thanks. I'm not planning on getting cancer," you replied.

Spy didn't say anything as he put the rest of his cigarettes away. There was a moment of awkward silence until Spy broke the silence. 

"Ze stars are pretty, aren't zey?" 

You turn your head to his direction, "is that how you flirt with people? Because if it is, it's cheesy and you suck at flirting." 

Spy gives you a glare, "oh, 'ou zink 'ou can do better zan me?" 

"Yes," you reply, "at least I don't scare people away with that bad smell. No wonder Scout made fun of your hygiene."

"Enough of ze insults!"  

"Why? Is it because I'm right about something and you got so insecure all of the sudden?"

Spy grabs out his butterfly knife and has it dangerously close to your neck. "Don't make me do somethin' zat I will regret." 

'You're pretty much doing it.'

You stood there, staring at him without saying a word. 

Spy put his butterfly knife away. Before Spy says or does something, you immediately run off. 

'How dare he! Who does he think he is? Some perfect guy looking down on others who are trying to survive!? Fuck him! I hate it when someone tells me how to live my life! He doesn't know jackshit!' 

You're finally alone, you take a deep breath as you feel the breeze, hearing crickets making sounds and you hear a guitar playing.

'Wait, someone is playing a guitar!?'

You walk toward the sound of the acoustic guitar as you see a campfire and a person playing. You smile only to find Engie playing a guitar in peace by the campfire. You sit down listening to the guitar being played. Engie finally notices you when he play the last part. 

"Oh, how long have you been sittin' there?" 

You shrug, "a few minutes, but I did enjoy it. Are you really that good with guitar?" 

Engie chuckled, "Ah'm not that great. But Ah enjoy playin' it. Do you ever play any instruments?" 

You look at Engie, "well yes and no. I wouldn't say I'm that good." 

"What instruments do you play?" 

"I play (insert instruments)." 

"(Insert instruments), nice! You should play it some time," Engie said. 

"Well… I'll try. Normally I'm not really comfortable playing in front of people." 

"Can you play in front of me or Pahro?" 

You smile, "maybe, no promises." 

"Fair enough." 

"Hey Engie, can you teach me how to play guitar? I really want to learn and maybe I'll play it whenever I have my own guitar." 

"Sure thing kiddo." 

You playfully roll your eyes as Engie is about to teach you how to play acoustic guitar.

Today was a rough day and things got worse throughout the day. It may seem that the odds are stacked against you and the people around you may be upset with you. The night may be rough, but at least you can end with a high note, even if it's the small things you can appreciate. Bad days are just temporary. Let's just hope that tomorrow will be a better day. If not, then the next day and so on…

'I'm going to kick the future's ass tomorrow.'