Chapter 8

Heavy leads you to the training room, only to find Soldier and Demoman standing. Demoman has beer in his hand, while Soldier is looking at his wrist like he has a watch on (which he doesn't).

"There you are! What took you so long!?" Soldier asked as he stood right in front of you like a drill sergeant.

"Leetle Y/N was looking for you, but got in a fight with baby man and got leetle thief late," Heavy explained before leaving the scene. As Heavy walks out, you give him a nod of thanks which he gives you a friendly nod and continues walking off.

"You got in a fight with that maggot!? Tell me soldier, did you win!?"

"To be honest, I was going to beat the shit out of him, but this big guy stopped both of us, before things escalated."

"What a shame! But that's okay soldier, we all know who will win!"

"Really!? You guys believe I can win a fight!?" you asked as you lift your head with a little sense of pride. Causing Soldier and Demoman to look at each other and burst out laughing.

"Don't be ridiculous! We all know that Heavy can beat you and that maggot!"

Your smiley face turns into a frown when they burst out laughing, "geez, you guys really know how to destroy my hopes and dreams..."

"Don't be upset lad/lass! If it weren't for Heavy, I'm sure ye will beat the shit out of that tiny lad!"

"Thanks Demo," you said rolling your eyes playfully.

"No, I'm being serious!" he said before taking a sip of his beer.

"Okay, enough chatting! Thief show me what you're made of!"

"Uh... do I really have to show you?"

"Yes!"

"But what if I want to save it for my first battle?"

Soldier laugh, "no can do, you have to train or else!"

"Or else what?" you said placing your hands on your hips waiting for him to answer.

"Uh.. or else you won't be able to join us for the mission!" he said trying to sound threatening. You look at him with an unimpressed look on your face, "that's it? Anything else?"

"Well... no."

"How about we threaten 'em with a bottle of beer?" Demo said, sounding a bit drunk. You roll your eyes, "That plan would work, if it weren't for the fact that I drink!"

"Well then... I got nothing," Demo said and went back to drinking.

"Come on maggot! I only want to see what you're made of!"

"Well there's not much interesting about my skill, my is basically the same as Spy. The difference about him is well... I don't cloak and can't disguise myself, but I can steal people's weapons and distract them.

"I would like for you to prove it to me!" he said crossing his arms.

"If you said so," you said as you casually walked up to Soldier and pats him on the shoulder with a smirk causing Soldier to raise his brow with confusion and concern. You walk back to your spot with a stupid smirk on your face.

"Looks like I lied to you," you giggled, "how about you just hit me with that stupid shovel of yours!"

"Why you little!" he said clenching his fist, "but I refuse to hit the newbie."

You roll your eyes, "stop being soft! Just hit me with your shovel! Unless you're just a civilian who's pretending to be a soldier!"

Demoman spits out his drink and looks at you with his eyes widened and shocked. Soldier on the other hand was caught off guard.

"C-civ... Civilian!?"

"Did I stutter?"

"Lad/Lass, what yer doing?" Demo muttered with concern.

Soldier slowly tightens his fist as his anger slowly builds in his muscles. "How dare you..." he mumbled.

"What was that?"

"HOW DARE YOU!! I EARNED EVERY ONE OF THOSE MEDALS THAT I MADE!! I DID THREE GODDAMN TOURS OF DUTY OVERSEAS AND I WASN'T EVEN ASKED!!" he screamed while you flinch by his rage. "I PAID MY DUES AND MY PLANE TICKET OVER!! THAT'S IT!!! YOU'RE DEAD!!"

"Oh shit... I think I pushed it way too far."

"Yer think!?"

Soldier grabs out his rocket launcher and starts firing at you while screaming in rage. You start running and dodging the rockets. You take cover while Soldier rocket jumps toward you.

"HOLY SHIT!! You can jump while using those rocket launchers!?" you exclaimed. Soldier ignores you and continues firing rockets at you and you quickly roll out of the way.

"Shit, shit, shit. This isn't exactly how I have planned!"

"GET BACK HERE AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!!" he yelled before he rocket jumped above you and landed in front of you causing you to stop and back away. Soldier was about to use his rocket launcher on you but he's out of ammo!

"Dammit!"

You sigh in relief that he's out of rockets, however, he grabs out his shotgun and points at you.

"Ah shit..." you muttered before running off taking cover.

Meanwhile all this chaos training is going on, Demomon gets up, and tries to leave the training room, because of him drinking too much beer that he's walking away looking all drunk. "Mussstt... geett... tooo....thheee... othhheeerrsss..." he said before blacking out in the middle of the hall.

You take cover while Soldier is busy firing at you, you look around your surroundings. To see a load of ammo that Soldier can easily go and reload. You tried to think of a plan how to get close to Soldier without getting you or him killed in the process.

"SURRENDER NOW MAGGOT AND YOU MIGHT NOT BE HARMED!!!"

You put your hands in the air and slowly walk out of your cover spot, "I surrender!"

Soldier pulls the trigger only to shoot you by the shoulder, causing you to cry out in pain. You fall on your back as he reloads his shotgun.

"What the hell Soldier!? I said that I surrender!"

"And I did say that you MIGHT not be harmed!"

"Fuck..." you muttered as you pull yourself up but Soldier end up push you down, which you have your opportunity to take something from him. Soldier notices that there's a box full of ammo that he runs to the ammo and reloads.

You slowly back away with a smirk while Soldier walks towards you with a menace look on his face. "Say goodbye maggot!" he said before trying to pull out his rocket launcher. As he tries to switch from his shotgun to his rocket launcher but he doesn't have the rocket launcher on him.

"Forget it! How about I make you kiss my shovel instead!" he said trying to take his shovel out, but he didn't have it on him as well, "what the hell!?"

"What's the matter? Did you forget something?"

"No! I could have sworn I have a rocket and the shovel on me!"

"You did, until I came along," you said as you grabbed his shovel and showed it to him. Soldier's face is filled with shock and surprise.

"Also, I'm sorry for calling you a civilian. It wasn't really my intention to get myself killed," you chuckle as you place your hand back of your neck. Soldier laugh and playfully punch your wounded shoulder causing you to wince in pain.

"Sorry," he apologized.

"It's no biggie." You and Soldier manage to laugh it off until both of you suddenly hear the door burst open. You both turn their head to that direction to see Engie and Medic at the door.

"What in Sam Hill just happened in there!?" Engie asked while Medic quickly walks up to you.

"Vhat happened to jour shoulder Y/N?" he asked.

You and Soldier look around in the training room only to find a bunch of dents, holes and the damages that you and Soldier had caused.

"It's a long story."