Chapter 40

You quietly walk in your room, closing the door and locking it. You fall on top of your bed, letting out a sigh. 

Everything happened so fast. You lost half of your teammates. No. They're not just teammates... They're like family to you, even though they're a bit dysfunctional, regardless they're still family. Now, you and the reds have to team up with the blus or else you lose your job... forever.  

You need time to process...

'So let's go back what just happened...'

~~

You and the Reds are at the base, taking break from the fight (from the blus). You decide to train with Heavy, Soldier and Scout. Heavy have taught you to get stronger with fist fight and to fight smarter rather than dive into battle headfirst. 

Soldier on the other hand, taught you the opposite of Heavy. Dive into the battle, fire first, ask later. However, Soldier did help you out with rocket jumping, even though, you injured yourself couple of times and sometimes end up going to Medic's office to heal your injury. 

Scout help you to get faster and to build more endurance. He sometimes gets a bit off topic during training. Always simping for Miss Pauling, talking about Tom Jones or whatever it comes to Scout's mind. 

Spy did try to train with you, but you either ignore him or ditch him while he's not looking. You don't mind being trained with Spy, but you somewhat got tired of him, especially when he trains you. Let's just say he's hard to please, the only thing you get from him is a nod, which it's nice but not helpful. He doesn't really give you feedback unlike the others. He sometimes remind you of your old mentor. 

After training, you head to the kitchen to make yourself a sandwich along with your favorite snack that you haven't eat for a long time. While you're making a sandwich, Engie walks by, along with Pyro. 

"Hey Engie," you greeted, "where have you been?" 

"Howdy Y/N, Ah've been takin' care of business," Engie replied. 

You're about to ask, but you shrug it off. Continue making a sandwich.

"How is it goin'?" Engie asked.

"It's been going good," you respond, "just been training lately." 

Engie chuckled, "good."

"How are you doing, buddy?" You asked Pyro, giving them a fist pump.

Pyro gives you a thumbs up while giving you a fist pump. 

"That's good," you said. Turning your head to Engie, "so, how long will cease fire day will end? I'm ready go back in action!" 

"Well, Ah'm not sure at the moment," Engie respond. 

"What do you mean?" you asked. Engie didn't respond. "Engie-" 

Before you can pry out of Engie, Spy appears out of nowhere, "gentlemen! We 'ave a meetin'!" 

You glare at Spy, "can you warn me next time?! I'm getting real sick and tired of you popping out of nowhere like you own this place!" 

"Mind 'our own tongue Zief or I'll 'ave to cut it!" Spy said, sounding a bit annoyed. 

"What's the meetin' about?" Engie asked while you're rolling your eyes. 

"Miss Pauling 'ave summoned us," Spy replied. 

"What are we waiting for?" you said excitedly, "let's go!" 

~~

"Hi Miss Pauling, how are you doin' today?" Scout said, raising his eyebrows. 

"Give it up Scout, she's not here for you," you chuckled, causing Scout to pout, but still trying to woo Miss Pauling.