Chapter 5

You wake up as you hear the alarm clock go off. You turn off the alarm beside you, change your clothes, pack up your stuff, and place your pillows underneath the sheets to make it look like you're still asleep. You quietly open the door, peaking your head out to make sure that no one is in the hallway. You walk out of your room and quietly shut the door.

Walking through the hall looking for the exit. Luckily for you there are direction signs up all over the base so it wasn't that difficult for you to find them. You held in your laughter, the fact that these fools have left these signs out for someone like you to follow. 'What bunch of idiots.'

You place your hand on the door handle, however once you open this door there is no turning back. Despite wanting to leave this place, part of you want to stay here, and because of that you can feel your new heart pounding against your chest as you're making your final decision.

The negative side of this, is that you're working here against your will and you're fighting for someone's purpose and you're surrounded by killers. However the other part of you begs the differ. Not everyone is bad, Engie seems calm and collected, and Pyro is like a younger silbing.

You tighten the door handle, wanting to push but couldn't. Until you thought about what to do after you escape. You can try stealing the briefcases again, but they will kill you. Even if you escape, Miss Pauling and the others will find a way to hunt you down. Even if it doesn't happen, what will you do? You can return to the street, being free and working for random people, but there's one thing that you know for sure that you will regret for the rest of your life.

However, if you chose to stay. Sure there will be violence and a lot of blood shed, but at least you don't have to be alone anymore. Even though some of your teammates can get on your nerves, but you don't really know a lot about them. This can be your opportunity to try something new and have some great adventures that you may never dream of.

You loosen the grip on the door handle and let your hand fall to your side as you sigh. There's no point of trying to escape anyway. You're going to be dead one way or another. You look at the exit door before quietly walking off to the kitchen.

You set your duffel bag down quietly, grabbing yourself a cup and filling it up with water. You were about to take a sip until you hear footsteps that you look to see nothing is there. You roll your eyes, "come on out Spy, I know you're there."

Just like that Spy decloaks himself and he look at you with surprise and he was impressed. "What are 'ou doing out of 'our room Zief?"

"Leaving," you said sarcastically before taking a sip of water. Spy scoff at your response, "Oh really?"

"I mean... I was about to... but I chose to stay here," you said, finally admitting as Spy lights up his cigarettes.

"What makes 'ou want to stay?"

"Well..." you said, fidgeting the cup, you were about to say something until something clicks in your head as you manage to put two and two together. You lift your head looking at Spy with icy glare, "were you spying on me?"

"Oh please," he said sarcastically, "what makes 'ou t-"

"Just answer the question dammit!"

Spy raised his brow, he didn't expect anyone to raise their voice at him (unless it's Engie). He sighs, "yes, I did spy on 'ou. To be 'onest, I didn't expect 'ou to stay, I actually zink zat 'ou will sneak out and tried to steal the intelligence again."

"You're not wrong, but I wasn't planning on stealing the intelligence. After what happened last night, I don't think it was worth doing it for the second time."

"Ou're a clever little zief."

"Really?" You lift your head.

"No," he replied before inhaling his cigarette while you're pouting in the background.

"Good mornin' Spoi and Thief," Sniper greeted as he walked in to make himself some coffee.

"Morning," you and Spy replied. Spy turns his head to you, "Looks like it's time for me to go."

"Whaaat?" you pouted causing Spy to playfully roll his eyes and cloak himself leaving the scene.

"Y/N, if you don't mind me asking, whoy you have your stuff in the kitchen? Are you planning on leaving?" Sniper asked.

"No," you quickly respond, causing Sniper to raise his brow.

"Roight."

You put the cup away and quickly grab your duffel bag and head back to your room. As you walk past Sniper, Sniper gives you a funny look before shrugging it off and taking a sip of his coffee.