Truth? Death? Pain?

Kira's POV

Rick what could he want now? I let the call go to voicemail and turned back to Lisa, "We're fine, just adjusting to this new life." I said with a small smile. She glanced between Anna and me, "I would understand adjusting if it hadn't been about a year since Valerie's death. Look I understand you went to your mom for everything and with her gone you probably think you can't talk to anyone ok but look you can talk to your dad, your bothers, Daniel or I. We're all here for you, that's what family is about. You are two tough girls that shouldn't be allowed to bottle all your problems up when you have people to talk to. Maybe it takes a cop or a couple little girls to get that through your thick heads but there are people here for you. People who love you and want the best for the both of you. I understand what it's like and yes it sucks but there's nothing we can humanly do to fix it."

I shot straight up, my emotions were a mess, "No...no you don't know what it's like! You were her partner sure but she was our mom! You weren't there when she was killed! I watched her die, I HELD HER! You don't just forget that maybe some do but not me! I replay that day every night, and the fact that they still have yet to arrest the people responsible makes it worse! So don't think for a second that you know what we're going through, what I'm going through!" I felt the tears start to run down my face and leaned back against my headboard covering my face with my hands. I felt Anna wrap her arms around me when I heard my phone buzzing. Message after message, I uncovered my face, my makeup smeared, and I'm guessing by the look on Lisa's face she could see my black eye.

I reached for my phone but my hand was grabbed by Lisa as she turned my face back to look at her. I glanced at her for a second then looked anywhere else that I could. My phone continued to go off, missed calls and messages. "Anna grab those makeup wipes for me please." she said still holding my chin but letting go of my hand. Anna had gotten up and grabbed the wipes off my table and handed them to Lisa, her sleeve sliding up slightly showing a ring of bruising around her wrist. Lisa dropped the wipes in her lap then grabbed Anna's hand, careful not the touch the bruising. "Forget me being here as a friend now. What the hell is going on here, and I mean it, no more lies either of you." Lisa said guiding Anna to sit back down then grabbing a wipe and starting to remove my makeup.

We sat in silence while she finished removing my makeup. Her eyes widened at the site once she finished, I slowly wrapped my arms over my stomach and slowly inhaled, "We're fine..." I said unconvincingly. She sighed and shook her head, "If you were fine you wouldn't have a black eye and Anna's wrist wouldn't be bruised. Now either you start talking or I'm going to start guessing and going through things." I looked at her but kept quiet, glancing at Anna every now and then. "Fine I'll start guessing. Anna's wrists are bruised in a way that makes me believe someone was holding your wrists tight as a way for you not to leave. Guessing a guy wanted all power or control, got mad so he hit you causing the black eye. Oh don't think I didn't notice your breathing was off, so guessing he just likes to beat you both and judging by your rigid breathing you probably have a couple bruised or maybe cracked ribs. I'm I close?" I continued to say nothing just look down at my hands. "I've been a detective for 11 years girls, I've seen this before, I can help, if you let me."

Lisa's POV

I watched Anna glancing over at her sister as if she was asking for permission to speak, Kira didn't move just continued to look at her hands while tears fell down her cheeks. "Let me help you, please." I said wiping the tears from both their faces. Anna was about to say something when Kira's phone started to go off again. Anna reached over from behind Kira and grab the phone checking the caller ID then looking back at me. "I'm sorry but I'm tired of this. Nothing will happen or fix this if no one knows." She said handing me the phone then gently wrapped her arms around her sister. I looked at the phone seeing all the missed calls and messages. I started to scan the messages:

Message 1: Hey there's a party tonight. See you then or else.
Message 2: You going to respond, heh you better or tonight will be...fun.
Message 3: Answer me DAMIT!
Message 4: If you talk I'll kill you.
Message 5: Even if you say something no one will believe you. The daughter of a dead cop getting herself in trouble with her boyfriend. They'll think your nuts.

There were many other messages but I stopped there and looked up at the two girls, they both where crying and folded into each other. I set the phone down and took both girls into my embrace, I may not be there mom but I watched them grow up so in a way I'm now the closest thing they have to a mom. I stayed holding them when there was a knock at the door.

Liam's POV

I checked the time, 6:30, I left Mia and Ivy to play downstairs as I walked up the stairs to get Lisa. Our house was about 25 minutes from her district and she started work at 7. As I reached the door I heard crying, respectfully I knocked, then opened the door to see my sisters crying and Lisa sitting there holding them. I rushed over to the three wrapping my arms around them, I saw a glimpse of the phone sitting beside Lisa and a couple messages on them. I looked up to Lisa, her face spelled it all out, this was why my sisters were so disconnected, this jerk had been tossing threats to them, hurting them.

I felt so helpless, I mean what kind of brother am I, I couldn't even tell how badly my sister were hurting. I'm supposed to be there big brother, I'm supposed to protect them, I'm supposed to be there for them, and I couldn't do any of that for them.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Will they get him?
What will their brothers do when they all find out? What will their father do when he finds out his little girls are hurt?

Find out in the next chapter.

If your still reading at this point then thank you and you guys are truly special because you taking time out of your day to read this. That truly helps me keep going and not just stop writing.