Repeat

Daniel's POV

Dr. Halstead continued to speak but the moment he said she was gone I couldn't hear anything he said. I felt multiple peoples hands on my shoulders but couldn't hear them, the love of my life and the mother of my children was just shot and killed and for what. I came back to it when I heard Anna yelling, "You said everything would be ok, everything! This is twice that you've lied to me!" I watched as Anna slammed her sister against the wall multiple times letting her fall, Hannah, the two Lieutenants, and another Paramedic from Kira's house ran over pulling the girls apart.

Kira's POV

"Hate me all you want Anna, but till your in my spot, either time you would have done the same!" I shouted holding my head as Gabby and Hannah helped me back up. "I'm good! I'm good!" I said shaking them both off, Ivy ran over to us as Mia ran to her dad, Ivy wrapped her arms around my waist crying. I knelt down picking her up whipping away her tears and walking her over to her dad. "Hey Uncle Daniel, you and Lisa were there for us when we went through this, if you or the girls need anything we're here for you." I said softly pulling him into a hug seeing as I still had Ivy on my right hip.

It had been almost two weeks since Lisa's death, and her funeral was today, I already cleared it with Chief Boden seeing as I was meant to pull another shift at 51. Anna and I still weren't talking much after the incident at the hospital.

I quickly got my uniform on before grabbing my keys and heading out of my apartment. This whole thing was an all to familiar feeling, once I pulled up I quickly walked inside greeting Daniel as he stood by a picture of Lisa in uniform below the image it read, Lisa Bell Miller Knight.

Everyone close to her took turns speaking, I slowly got up when it was my turn with a paper in my hand.

"Many knew Lisa as the amazing cop that she was but for me I knew her as the one who saved my life. I'd probably be dead right now if it wasn't for her. I was always close to Lisa when she worked with my mom. The day my mom was killed Lisa pulled my siblings and I all aside and spoke to each of us individually, she told me that even though the world throws us these curve balls, these rude or painful awakenings we still have to push through them. She had given me these..." I said holding out two old police badges. "...there both Lisa's and my mothers first badges, the ones you get straight out of the academy. I've held on to these for about 5 years now but I think it's time for them to help another kid." With that I stepped down and walked straight to Mia pinning her mother's badge to her shirt then to Ivy pinning my mother's badge to hers. I stood up and saluted both the girls then turned and sat back down.

A couple others went up and said there words, once they finished all Firefighters and Cops, Retired or still on the job, stood and saluted. Myself, Hannah, Dylan, Liam, Carter, and Anna all stood and walked over to Lisa's casket. Daniel had asked us to be the pallbearers a few days ago. The six of us walked over; Dylan and I stood at the front, Hannah and Anna in the middle, and Liam and Carter stood at the end. We all lifted the casket up and slowly walked out while everyone stood lined up in formation. Once outside Trucks from all our houses had lined up on one side of the street and Patrol cars lined up on the other side of the street. We carefully placed the casket inside the car and each saluted. Daniel had been walking behind us with the girls as they each placed their hand on the casket as one last goodbye.

The six of us stayed back after the funeral was over to help Daniel pack things up. "Hey kid. How's the head?" Daniel asked as I walked over to him. I laughed a little, "I've had worse. Anyway Anna was right, it's just what else was I suppose to say? All my life I've protected her or at least tried to." Daniel wrapped his arm around me pulling me close to him, "Promise me you'll fix this with her. The last thing you two need is for something to happen to either of you and never getting to say sorry." I looked up at him and nodded then went back to cleaning up.

_____________________________________________

Sorry for the shorter chapter it just felt right to stop it here than the change this one's subject. Hope your enjoying this.