Future and Love

Dylan's POV

Over the past two years through all the ups and downs I had met a wonderful women who was always there in the darkest times. You could say she was the love of my life her name is Leah Addison Campbell for now, I have plans to change her last name very soon.

I was still out at 51 but had told Chief that I was thinking of transferring back 62. Liam was already out at 55 and Carter left for 58. I loved working at 51 and I loved the family that it formed but I was up for the Lieutenants position and there was no room on 51 for a new Lieutenant were as there were two slots at 62.

Kira had been coming to the house every chance she got. She'd applied to be both a Paramedic and Firefighter so she was doing work for both sides whenever she got the chance. When she wasn't riding out with Ambo 61 she was riding out with Truck 81 or Squad 3. She knew the rules were just to watch when she was with Truck or Squad since that's a whole separate thing from riding Ambo.

We had some close calls lately, one of which I was apart of, that close call is what got me to do this. I called Leah and asked her to come by 51. When she got there I ran out to the apparatus floor hugging Leah then pulling out a little box and dropping to one knee. "Leah Addison Campbell, you have been my rock on my darkest days. You have been my light and the love of my life. Will you make me the happiest and luckiest man and be my wife?" By then everyone had gathered around watching. Leah knelt down in front of me, "Yes...yes yes!!" she said as I placed the ring on her finger. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I wrapped mine around her waist picking her up and spinning her.

Everyone had finished congratulating us as the bells went off. I kissed Leah before running off to gear up. Kira ran over to her quickly to look at the ring, hugged her then jumped into the back of the Ambo.
_____________________________________________

(Ages at the time of the first part)

Dylan: 23
Leah: 22
Liam and Carter: 21
Kira: 19
Anna: 17
Anthony: 47
Lisa: 35
Daniel: 39
Mia: 11
Ivy: 6

_____________________________________________

(Two years later)

Kira's POV

I was currently working as a PIC on ambo 82 which was stationed at Fire House 62, occasionally I'd pull a shift at 51 when they needed a hand.

Dylan had transferred back to 62 few weeks after he and Leah were married. They also welcomed their first daughter into this world last year, Katya Bri Sanchez, and we just found out they are expecting another little girl soon.

Liam had started seeing a girl last year, Evelyn Grace Thompson. They've been hitting it off really well.

Carter also met a girl a few months after Liam, Rosslyn May Harris.

Anna was currently in the police academy and doing extremely well.

It was early September, I was pulling a shift at 51 with Dawson (this is after Shay passed) when a call came in...

Ambo 61 Police involved shooting officer down 214 S Wabash Ave

Gabby and I quickly ran to the ambo, we both had family that were cops so you can only imagine what was going around in our heads. "Did main say what unit responded?" I asked trying to break the silence and keep us from loosing our minds. "No, god please don't let this be Antonio, I can't see him shot again." Gabby said her voice a bit shaken. "You and me both, I know Anna is still in the academy but I also know Lisa still pulls her to work with them." I said pressing my back against the passenger seat while Gabby drove.

When we arrived on scene we saw multiple civilians standing around, we both were glancing around trying to see if either of our cops were there, that's when I saw Anna. I had already grabbed a bag when I saw her, "Anna!" I shouted as I ran over seeing blood all over her, my eyes scanning her over. "Kira! I'm...I'm ok it's...it's Lisa. Kira you have to help her." Her voice and hands were shaking, my head shot up, and my eyes widened. I turned to look at Gabby who was knelt down beside the cop, I quickly made my way over to her, that's when I saw her, "Lisa!? Hey stay with us. Please I can't loose you to." I said removing Lisa's vest, not that it did much. Gabby looked up at me, you could see some relief in her eyes but it was still there since she knew I was close to this cop. "Anna get over here! What happened?" I said trying to help Gabby as much as possible.

"Lisa had a bust she wanted me to work with her, she said it would help me get experience for when I got out of the academy. We pulled up didn't even make it to the door and...and shots were fired we got some shots off but Lisa was hit. Her team went after them, I called it in and stayed with her. I've read your books so I tried to help." She said as I pulled her to help us lift Lisa into the ambo, Gabby and Anna jumped in back as I drove. I could hear Gabby talking when I heard Anna, "Aunt Lisa please hold on for us for Mia and Ivy. Please just hang in there."

I pulled up to M.E.D and hopped out opening the back doors as doctors and nurses ran outside. "Lisa Knight, 37, GSW to the chest, she's lost a lot of blood, she's got a husband and two daughters" I said almost whispering the last part. I watched as the nurses took Lisa to a separate room and transferred her. My thoughts ran wild seeing Lisa like that, I've seen many victims shot as a Paramedic especially while helping mom back then and I know the same for Gabby. I pulled Anna into a hug not giving a damn about the blood still on her hands, I could feel her hands shaking, as I ran my hand through her hair trying to calm her which isn't easy to do when your scared as well.

We were moved to the waiting room, I sat holding Anna on my left with Gabby sitting beside us on my right. Lisa's team came in not long after we sat down, Hannah came over to us in a clear panic, "Hey how is she? Do we know anything? Ugh sorry Anna are you ok?" Hannah quickly asked as she knelt down in front of us. "Um...she's in surgery now they said it was going to be tough and go. She lost a lot of blood, it doesn't look good Hannah. It doesn't look good." I answered holding my sister tighter. "Hannah where's Mia and Ivy?" I asked. "There on there way now we called Daniel he's picking them up now." She said standing up and walking over to her team to tell them.

Everyone from 51 soon walked into the waiting room and gathered around us. "Oh god...this really is real, everything is happening all over again. Mia and Ivy they can't go through this, they're younger than us when this happened. I still see us in them every time I see them, they can't lose her, we can't lose her." Anna said sitting up facing me. I quickly grabbed her shoulder with my left hand a cupped her face with the other, "Aunt Lisa will pull through, she always does, ok? She will be ok." I said trying to reassure her. I watched as a few tears slide down my sisters face, "You said the same thing 5 years ago Kira and...and look where we are now." I was shocked by her comment but was quickly interrupted when Daniel walked in with the kids. Hannah pulled him aside as she pointed Mia and Ivy to Anna and I. Ivy ran over to us while Anna quickly wiped her tears away, you could see it all over Mia's face that she knew, she knew something was off.

It didn't take long when Dr. Halstead walked out, me along with Anna, Uncle Daniel, and all of Lisa's team jumped up or ran over to him the moment he appeared. "Mrs. Knight lost a lot of blood, I'm sorry guys, the bullet hit a major artery, she died on the table."
_____________________________________________
Dylan: 25
Leah: 24
Liam: 23
Evelyn:22
Carter: 23
Rosslyn: 22
Kira: 21
Anna: 19
Lisa: 37
Daniel: 41
Mia: 12
Ivy: 7