Bad Memories

Anna's POV

Time flew by as always, basically just 5 months, Kira got another acceptance letter from when she applied for a Firefighter position. Dylan was still rocking out as a Lieutenant at 62 and baby girl number two was here, Emmberlyn Florence Sanchez. Liam had gotten married to Evelyn and Carter was engaged to his girl, Rosslyn. I had just gotten out of the academy and pulling shifts as a patrol officer at the 23 district, occasionally helping out upstairs for Hannah. Kira and I were still on the ins and outs since Lisa's death.

I had just walked into the district when Hannah came running down the stairs. "Anna your with me today! Drop your things in the car for now, let's go!" she shouted as she quickly headed out the door. I turned around and followed her to the car dropping my bags in the back seat. "Old partner of Lisa's called. They got a case, rape, abuse, and murder. It's their case but it's in our district, you and I are headed over to help them." She said starting the engine and handing me a file.

Once we pulled up I followed Hannah out of the car and over to three cops standing by. "Sergeant Voight, Detective Upton, and Detective Halstead" Hannah said as we walked up, "This is Officer Sanchez I pulled her up for this case, figured it would be a good learning experience for her." I placed the files under my arm and shook hands with the Sergeant and Detectives.

"You up to speed kid?" Voight asked as we approached where the bodies were. I nodded kneeling down where one of the young girls laid, "They tossed them out like they were nothing. They can't be much older the 17." I said looking up to Hannah. I scanned over the girls body seeing multiple bruises and cuts along with the two GSW's to the chest. "Um...judging by the bruising on there wrists and ankles they were restrained, if these are the same guys then each of them were probably...um...raped." I spoke as the memories that I'd suppressed all those years ago started to flood my head. I felt a hand rest on my shoulder, and quickly pushed those memories back down, and stood up. Hannah spoke sternly to me but still with a soft voice as she knew what happened to cause my reaction, "These cases aren't easy but you listen to me here kid, what happened in the past you must keep it there, don't let your emotions cloud your judgement." I stood nodding at her then walking over to the other two bodies.

Once we finished at the scene we all headed back to the district, I quickly went up to the locker room with my bag closing the door behind me. Once the door was closed I dropped my bag slamming my hand into the locker door then quickly placing my bag into my locker and walking out and up the stairs to Hannah's unit. Once up I quickly sat down at Hannah's old desk, before she became the new sergeant. The two detectives from the 21st looked over my way with confused glances but quickly turned back when both sergeants emerged from the office. "Have we got anything on these guys?" Voight asked in his raspy voice. "There's nothing connecting any of these 6 girls to each other that we can find. I hate to say it but it looks like each girl was picked at random." Halstead said.

I had pulled up the girls names on my computer searching each girls socials, "Nothings random, ever." I said looking up at him. Everyone turned to look over at me. "Ok, then do you have a connection between these girls?" Voight asked leaning my direction. I had gone back to my screens, "Um yeah I think there is a connection..." I said turning my screen around and rolling my chair back slightly, "...Each one of these girls are clean yes but they all got interests in partying. I don't want to guess but if I had to these girls frequent certain clubs and their attackers knew this and picked them from that. Waited for them to either get themselves drunk or they drugged them, either way the girls are too out of it to fight back." I summed up. We each took turns after that saying our piece, me catching occasional glances whenever I spoke.

"What if we set up a trap?" Halstead asked looking around at all of us. "I'm down if we do that." Upton said looking over at her sergeant. I sat watching them partly making myself small in the back corner of the room, catching Hannah's glances. "Anna you think your up for this, going undercover with Hailey?" Hannah asked pulling me out of my corner of the room, I shot her what some may say a dirty look but sat up and nodded. "I'll do it but that's only two of us we need a third." I said, Hannah gave me a small look of defeat, "No, no Hannah your not doing this. This unit needs its sergeant now more than ever, your not going." I said now standing up at the desk with everyone watched us. "Fine then who will be the third person to go with you guys?" Hannah asked a little annoyed at me. I looked over at her trying to think then grabbed my phone, "I'm calling Kira" I said as I walked out. I could vaguely hear Hannah as I walked into the other room, "Hey, I thought you two weren't talking to each other still!"
_____________________________________________

Dylan: 26
Leah: 25
Liam: 24
Evelyn:23
Carter: 24
Rosslyn: 23
Kira: 22
Anna: 20
Daniel: 42
Mia: 12
Ivy: 8
Katya: 1
Emmberlyn: newborn