summer with grandma

After about 10 minutes Grandma pulled up and I walked out and put my bag in her car.

She spoke to my mom and then got in the passenger door. She bucked her seat belt and "let's get going sweetie." I backed out the driveway and headed for North Carolina.

We listened to the radio for part of the way there while I let grandma nap a bit.

7hours 30 min later

Grandma woke up about an hour ago. She started singing hello darlin by Conway Twitty.

Just as the song goes off my grandma looks at me and say "oh look hun we are finally here in Garner, North Carolina."

Take a right up here and a little bit up the road on the left there will be a place called Scooter's, pull in there and let's eat supper."

I pulled in and parked the car. Grandma and i unbuckled our seat belts, and we walked in towards the diner.

As we got to the door I noticed there was a sign on the door saying "help wanted waitresses" I looked at my grandma and said "maybe I could get a summer job her grandma."

She smiled and said "oh hun that's sounds like a good idea, let's ask for a application when we get inside. We'll hand it in when we get done eating"

I smiled at her and we walked in. Grandma said "Juliette lets sit here in this booth." We walked over to her and sat down and my eyes locked with his, he slightly smiled at me.

I started blushed and looked down. My grandma looked at me and said "why are you blushing hun" I looked up at her and said "oh um nothing" let's order im hungry grandma."

She looked at me and nodded. Grandma looked up at me and asked "Have you thought about what you want to do after high school this is your last year after all?"

I smile and say "no not yet. I really would like to become a Healthcare worker, but life doesn't always go as planned"

Grandma smiled at me and reached across the table to grab my hand.
"Juliette you will be amazing at anything you decide to become."

I smiled at her and brought her hand up to my lips. "You're the best grandma, I love you always"