ch 9 healing the broken

Scotty's P.O.V

After Juliette said yes to being my girlfriend I couldn't stop smiling.

She decided she wanted to watch a movie so she cuddled up to my side and we started watching the Green mile.

She looked at me halfway through the movie with tears in her eyes and she said "Scotty why did he have to take my momma. She had been through so much and I just miss her so much. I need my momma and now I feel bad watching this without her because this was her favorite movie."

She started sobbing louder.

I pulled her to me and said "baby girl sometimes the Lord needs us to come home because our job on earth is finished" she looked up at me and said "I know, but it just hurts so bad. I just wish I could have said goodbye."

I wiped a tear away and started to kiss her forehead but she turned her head so our lips met.

She sat up on the bed without breaking the kiss and she leaned in to deepen it.

I put my arms around her and pulled her to me. I put my hands under her shirt and I rubbed her back. She wrapped her hands around my neck and pulled me closer. If that was possible.

I pulled away from the kiss and I said"my love let's stop before things get out of hand."

Juliette looked at me and poked her lip out and said "aww really I was enjoying it. But okay let's just cuddle."

Grandma's P.O.V

10 am

After being up since 7am waiting patiently for Juliette and Scotty I decided to go upstairs and see if they were awake.

I knocked on her door and didn't get an answer. I opened the door and saw them cuddling.

I smiled at the sight I had seen. I took my phone out and took a picture. I walked out the door and slowly and gently closed it and I walked downstairs.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs there was a knock on the door. I opened it and saw Judy McCreery standing there.

She smiled at me and said "good morning Ms Wilson. I came over to talk to you this morning I hope I didn't wake you up." I said "no hun come in. I was just about you send you a picture of them. And what did I tell about being so formal. Please call me Lisa" Judy nodded and we walked into the kitchen and I pulled up the picture and showed her. Judy smiled and said "awe look at how cute. Our babies are growing up so fast"

About that time Scotty walked down the stairs and said "Good morning Mom. Good morning ms Wilson."
"Wait mom, what are you doing here."

Judy smiled and said "I came to check on you and make sure you were okay I didn't get a message last night" Scotty looked down and said, "I'm sorry momma, Juliette started crying again, and then umm we decided to go to bed." "And mom there's something that I want to talk to you about."

Judy looked at Scotty and said "okay what" Scotty gulped and said "I know I've made it this far but I think I want to back out of American Idol. I mean I know that I have an amazing voice but, I just want to finish my senior year of high school and go to college and then get a job here in town. I'm sorry momma"

Judy looked at Scotty and said "baby there's nothing wrong with wanting to have a normal life. I fully support your decision" Scotty smiled and said "thanks, mom." He ran up the stairs