getting to know him

Juliette P.O.V

   As I roll over in bed I squint my eyes as the sunlight shines through my window, waking me up.

I sit up in bed and grab my phone to see that it's 8 am. I notice that I have a couple of messages from Scotty.

Scotty: um I'm sorry who is this? I don't know anyone by that name. Are you sure you have the right number?

Scotty: I'm just kidding Juliette, I'm glad you messaged. If you'd like I'm free tomorrow to show you around town or something.

I laugh at his text and I replied.

Juliette:
lol sure I'll take you up
on that offer ha, so
how does 10 am sound?

I get up from my bed and walked to the bathroom for a quick shower. Once I was done I walked back into my room and got ready for the day.

Once I was dressed I checked my phone and saw that Scotty had messaged so I read it and replied

Scotty: sure that sounds
like a plan Darlin' can't
wait to show you around.

Juliette
so um about how far
do you live from Osprey drive?
Just wondering so I know
how much more time I have lol.

Scotty read my message almost instantly so I stayed in our conversation.

Scotty: not too far.
Why you ready now?

Juliette
well I mean I haven't
eaten breakfast yet but other
than that yeah I'm ready.

Scotty: Well then I'll
be there in about
10 minutes haha.

I smile and grab my purse and run downstairs to let my grandmother know what is going to happen today.

My grandma smiles at me and about that time the phone rang, grandma walked over and picked it up

Grandma: hello

A voice on phone: hello Mrs. Wilson, it's Scotty I met Juliette the other day at the diner but I didn't tell her I live a house down. But I am supposed to give her a tour around town today. Could you side-track her so I can pull up and I'm gonna tell her sometime today that I am your neighbor

Grandma: *smiles* why of course I can do that, anything for you my boy.

Scotty: thanks Mrs. Wilson, see you then.

Grandma hung up and said "Juliette honey will you go down to the basement and put on a load of laundry real quick before you go."  I nodded and said "sure grandma"

10 minutes later

I walked down the steps to go to the basement to start a load of clothes. I put the towels and wash rags and hand towels in added you scoop of Tide and chose my desired water temperature and cycle and started them.

I heard a truck pull up, then a door open and close.

I walked back up the stairs and found my grandma talking to Scotty.

I smiled as I walked towards him and said "morning Scotty." He smiled and said "morning Juliette."

I looked at grandma and said "I'm not sure where all I will be getting a tour of but what time do I need to be in"

Grandma looked at me and said "10 is fine, y'all go have fun now. I love you hun" I smiled and nodded and said "alright and I love you too grandma"

We walked outside and got in Scotty's truck. I grabbed the seat belt and buckled it up. Scotty turned towards me and said "alright let's get you some breakfast and then we will start our day"

I smiled and said "okay are you picky" "no I'm not why" he asked. I smiled and said "let's go to a waffle house"

Scotty smiled at me and said "sure thing and by the way, I'm not one for ripped jeans and v neck shirts but You make That look Good"

I blushed and smiled at him and said "thank you, Scotty. So what made a handsome guy like you want to talk to me."

Scotty looked at me out of the corner of his eye and grinned at me. Then said "well darlin' that answer is just gonna have to wait because we are here."

I blushed at the new nickname.