bad news

Scotty's P.O.V

I pulled into Waffle House and said " well darlin' that answer is just gonna have to wait because we are here." Juliette smiled at me and said, "let's go get some food."

We made it to the door and I opened the door for her and she nodded and said "why thank you sir"

We walked to a booth and sat down, she looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes and said " so Scotty what is something you like to do the most?"

I smiled and said "well, in all honesty, I love singing. Oh speaking of which do you watch American Idol?" Juliette looked at me and said, "I've heard of it but don't watch it much why?"

I said, "oh um well in about a month I have to go to California for the live show of American idol. I thought I would go ahead and let you know since we are going to become best friends maybe more one day."

Juliette widened her eyes and said, "oh wow congratulations, I hope you make it and are you sure I wanna be your friend Mr? I'm just kidding, of course, I would love to be your friend."

I smiled and said "good because it was gonna happen like that anyway"

I put the menu down and said "I know what I am getting do you?" Juliette sat the menu aside and said "yep I do."

At that time the waitress came up to us and said, "sorry it took me so long to get over here to get yall's I was a bit backed up, but you have my full attention now."

Juliette and I nodded and she spoke up first "I'll have the grits with bacon and a bowl of sausage gravy over biscuits and I'd like to add extra sausage and bacon please and I'd like a mountain dew with it please"

Scotty widened his eyes at me and said "I'll have the exact same except with a sweet tea please"

Our waitress walked off to put our order in and brought us our drinks

After she walked away Juliette looked at me and just kept her eyes locked on mine.

I reached across the table and grabbed her hand, I gently rubbed my thumb over her knuckles. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back at her.

She got up and came and sat on my side of the both causing me to scoot over as she slid in. I looked at her and smiled and grabbed her hand again. I was about to say something when her phone rang.

She picked it up off the table and said "it's grandma let me take this real quick." She got up and walked outside so she could hear better.

Juliette P.O.V

Conversation with grandma

Me: hello

Grandma: Juliette sweetie, how much longer do you think you'll be.

Me: I'm not sure grandma is everything okay?

Grandma: um well with me yes, but I have some bad news sweetheart. Maybe it should wait until you are home. I'm sorry I called.

Me: grams, tell me you have me on the phone please tell me.

Grandma *swallows and sighs* Juliette. Your mom, she umm was in a car wreck. She didn't make it.

Me: *holding back tears* grandma"
That was all I could say.

Grandma: sweetie just spend some more time with Scotty and let him comfort you please, I can already tell you, and him will go far, I love you. I'll see you later. 'she hung up

I walked back into Waffle House and sat down by Scotty. He looked at me and said "Juliette what's wrong?"

I shook my head and bit my cheek to try to hold the tears back.

Scotty put his hand on my back and rubbed circles, and said "hey talk to me hun."

I broke down crying and started ro get up but Scotty just grabbed me and pulled me into a big hug and that's when it hit me, tears started flowing down my face as I sobbed uncontrollably.

Without knowing what was wrong, Scotty wrapped his arms around me and held me tight just holding me. I just sat there hugging him trying to control my sobs.

The waitress brought our food, Scotty said "exuse me, ma'am, can I get 2 to go plates and cups please. She said sure sir, I'll get you the ticket also." I felt Scotty nod and say "thank you, ma'am"