broken

Juliette P.OV.

We walked out to the truck and got in. Scotty placed his hand on my leg and said "Juliette what's wrong, you can tell me, I'm here for you Darlin." 

I grabbed his hand and turned around towards him and I looked him in the eyes and I said: "she's gone, my mom is gone Scotty." He pulled me to him and hugged me.

He kissed the top of my head and said "do you know what happened?" I pulled away but never took my eyes off his. I told him "grandma didn't say much she told me the hospital called her and told her that my mom had been in a car wreck and that she didn't make it."

Scotty brought his hand up and wiped a tear off my cheek and left his hand there. Our faces were an inch or two apart.

My mind was saying kiss him. My heart ached for my first kiss. My conscience was telling me no you just met him. But his eyes, those beautiful baby blues just get to me.

I saw Scotty smile at me and he looked at my lips and back to my eyes. I thought to myself. This is it. This is now. So I took my chance. I slowly leaned in as Scotty did the same. I felt our lips meet and Scotty placed his hand on the small of my back and pulled me to him.

I pulled away and said "Scotty I'm so sorry. I don't know why I" Scotty placed his hand over my mouth and said "don't apologize for that. I kissed you back didn't I?"

Scotty P.O.V

After the kiss, I just knew I had to make her mine before school started.

With only 2 months left until school, I needed to ask fast. I looked at Juliette who was blushing like crazy and I said "do you want to go home or go see more of Garner?" She looked at me and asked, "if I go home will you stay with me for a bit and watch a movie?" I

just smiled and said "sure let me let my mom know first."

I called my mom, she picked up on the second ring.  "Scotty, Hunny, is everything okay. Mrs. Wilson told me what happened how's Juliette."

Me: "yes mom everything will be okay. And it could be better. Um, I was wondering if I could hang out with Juliette a bit at her house she said she wants to come home but didn't want me to leave yet."

Mom: "yes hun that's fine. Comfort her. I know how upset she is."

Me: "Thanks mom, and I am about to tell her now okay and I have to stop by first before anyway so l will see you then I love you, momma."

Mom: okay hun and I love you too see you soon.
End of phone call

"Okay, so mom said it was fine but I need to show you something first before I take you home."

Juliette looks at me and nods. Her eyes looked completely empty.