ch 8 down the street

Juliette P.O.V

I was happy that Scotty's mom said yes, but I just can't believe that my mom is gone.

She was my best friend. I never knew my dad. But I'm fully devoted to living with my grandma now.

I looked over at Scotty and said "um where are we going?" He took his eyes off the road for a few seconds he smiled and said "home love."

I gave him a confused look and said "but we didn't come this way when we left" he smiled and said "I know we are stopping by my house first, and speaking of which we are here"

He pulled up and said "glance around and see if you recognize where we are."

Scotty P.O.V

I ran inside and called for my mom.
"Momma" no answer "momma" I yelled again she came from upstairs and said "boy what are you yelling 'momma' for I didn't run away" he smiled and said "will you come into the kitchen with me I need to talk," she said "alright son I'm coming"

I walked into the kitchen and sat at the table and said "mom I think she's the one. When she told me what happened I wiped a tear from her cheek and then it led to a kiss and the kiss lasted at least a minute, and momma I just knew right then I had to make her mine and I guess what I'm asking is what should I do"

Momma looked at me and said "son I knew your dad was the one first time he kissed me and I think he did too and about 3 days later he had asked me to be his girlfriend. I know you just met her but if you feel it let her how you feel and see if she feels the same and then you ask her the question." I said, "alright mom, I'm gonna go get some clothes so I can take a shower at her place."

My mom pulled me into a hug and said alright Darlin, and no funny business Scotty I mean it"

I blushed and said yes ma'am and I ran upstairs to get some clothes.  After I got my clothes I ran down the stairs and yelled "bye momma I love you see you in the morning" I shut the door before I heard her speak.

I ran to the truck and saw Juliette on her phone. I opened the door and said "know where you are yet" she jumped at my voice and said " yes why didn't you tell me you live across the street from me" and she playfully slapped me.

I laughed and said "I knew from the moment you showed me your grandmother I had to tell you asap, but always let's walk to your house and if we need the truck we can come get it." She smiled and opened the door, and stepped out.

I ran over and grabbed her hand as we ran to her house.  She opened the front door and said, "grandma we are home." Ms. Wilson walked out of the kitchen and said "we? Oh, Scotty my boy you're here too, I made some lunch for me I didn't know you would be bringing her home so early."

I smiled and said it's okay we have our food right here. Juliette wanted to come home after you called her and she wanted me to stay the night. I was gonna ask if you if it was okay."

Ms. Wilson said "it's fine with me as long as it's fine with Judy" I nodded and said "yes ma'am she said it was fine. We are gonna head on up she not taking this well, call if you need anything"

Juliette P.O.V

I walked into my room and turned on the tv and got comfy in bed. I turned my dish satellite on and about that time Scotty walked in.

I smiled and said "how does The Green Mile sound. He nodded and said "that's fine baby"

I widened my eyes but shrugged it off. I got up and said "I'll be right back I've gotta get out of these pants." I grabbed some clothes and went to my bathroom. 

I heard Scotty say "must be nice to have a bathroom in your room, you don't have to worry about being seen" and he laughed at his own corny joke"

I walked out of the bathroom a few minutes later and Scotty's jaw dropped. He looked at me and smiled.

Scotty patted the spot beside him on my bed and I ran and jumped on the bed. I started to get situated on my side when he pulled me into his lap. I gave him a confused look.

I straddled Scotty's legs and looked at him and gave a tight lip smile. He looked at me and said, "Juliette, I need to tell you something."

I nodded and started to get off of him but he placed his big warm hand on my thigh and said "stay,  you're not bothering me at all like this."

I smiled and said, "okay what do you need to tell me?"

Scotty smiled and said "alright um I know um we just hung out today for the first time but when we kissed earlier, I uh felt like I had known you a lifetime and I guess what I'm saying is that being around you makes my heart skip a beat.

I talked to my mom about this and she told me I needed to talk to you about it because she and my dad started dating after 3 days of knowing each other. And I guess I'm saying that like you and I want to make you mine." I smiled a wide smile and I said " Scotty I felt the same spark when we kissed I just have one question though?"

Scotty looked up at me and said "yes?" I said "if we date I'd like to at least keep it a secret since people in this town know you.  I don't want any drama with your supporters. At least a secret until we start school. We can still hang out and do everything that couples do but we keep it a secret."

He looked at me and said "that sounds good I was thinking the same thing, so are you saying you will be my girl?"
I looked at Scotty and smiled and said "yes Scotty I will"