ch 17 pregnancy announcement

Juliette pov

A few weeks has passed since I told Scotty i was pregnant. Today is Judy's birthday. Scotty and i bought a necklace for her. I hope she likes it.

After brushing my hair and teeth I put on my favorite yellow sundress. It is fitted around the waist and flows down my legs.

I smile at my appearance and walk down stairs to find Scotty cooking breakfast. I take a deep breath and take in the sweet smell of maple pancakes, and the smell of bacon and eggs in the air.

I walk into the kitchen and I say "good morning mylove"  He looks up at me and says "good morning princess , we are gonna go see momma today, did you wrap the gift." I smile at him and say "yes it's wrapped and in my purse." Scotty smiled at me and said "okay baby thank you. I smiled at him and walked to the counter to get a cup from the counter. I placed the cup on the table, and got the orange juice out of the fridge. I poured scotty and me a cup and put it up.  After a few minutes Scotty  brought our plates to the table. I looked up at him and said thank you.

We left to head to his mom and dad's house, after about 20 minutes we pulled up. Scotty's dad meets us at the door and says "oh Scotty, Juliette it's been so long we missed y'all. We both hugged him and gave him a hug and walked into the living room. Judy was sitting on the couch with a blanket over her and watch Law and order.

We walked in and she smiled and said oh my goodness my babies i've missed y'all so much. i smiled at her and said we've missed you too momma.
i looked at Scotty and he smiled at me and nodded his head. i smiled and said "momma we have a gift for you." I pulled it out of my purse and i walked over to her and handed it to her. She looks at us and       says "y'all didn't have to get me anything just y'all bring her if enough"

Scotty pov

I look over at Juliette and i smiled. She has a look of excitement in her eyes and it makes me feel so giddy inside. i turn back to face my mom and i say "open your gift mom." she smiles and starts to open it. she rips the paper off it and then opens the box and says "it's such a beautiful necklace thanks y'all." she then reads the words and says "wait a moment, oh my gosh No way are y'all, am i, oh my gosh yes yes " she then jumps up and pulls us both into a hug