Night at the Tavern- Protective Diluc X Reader

Lately the work load of the tavern has been affecting Diluc. I offered to help and he didn't want it. Eventually he gave in and let me help he did start slowly going back to his old self. This one night was busy I was going around clearing tables and handing out food and drinks. A new pair of customers sat down and I went over to see what they wanted to drink. They were polite and everything was going good. A few drinks later I went over to their table and one of them made I flirty comment."They're a pretty thing aren't they?" He slurred to his friend who only nodded in response. It made me a little uncomfortable but I kept working not wanting Diluc to go back to how things were. Diluc seems to notice my change in mood,but he keeps working but keeping an eye on that one table. I sigh noticing that I have to go clean up the empty glasses on their table. I reluctantly walk over and the one guy opens his mouth to say something. I tune out his voice and try to do my job when I go to walk away he grabs my arm rubbing his thumb over it. I try to pull it away but he won't let go. I kick him making sure to put the heel of my shoe into his knee. He lets go of me and grabs his knee hissing in pain. I quickly go over to the counter and tell Diluc what happens. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes he turns to Charles and tells him to kick those guys out. Charles nods and walks over to them. I can see the one guy get angry and his friend tries to put up a front but you can tell he's worried. Charles talks for a minute before walking back over to us. Diluc gets more angry and walks over to them. Wanting to know what he's saying I pretend to be serving more tables but as I pass him I hear Diluc whisper,"Either you guys leave peacefully or I make sure you'll get to hell. You should know not to touch people that don't want to be let alone someone you don't know." His voice was clearly bitter and full of anger. I turned my head and saw a look of terror on their faces. They quickly stood up and stumbled out the door. I smiled and finished serving the last few customers.

After the last guest left me,Diluc, and Charles were cleaning up. I was wiping down tables and sweeping. When everything was done all three of us left the tavern I waved to Charles and said a quick "bye" I looped my arm in. Diluc's he was still a little upset about earlier. I put my head on his shoulder as we walked. The silence wasn't uncomfortable."I'm sorry Y/N." Diluc said suddenly. "What?" I questioned confused."I should've intervened sooner. I'm a bad partner." I could tell I had a shocked look and quickly said,"Diluc no a bad lover wouldn't have stepped in at all. I heard what you said to them." He just looked at me with soft apologetic eyes."Diluc it's fine really I'm not hurt." He mumbled,"You aren't hurt physically." I planned on comforting him once we got home. I shivered as the wind hit me harshly. Diluc noticed and stopped walking. He took off his jacket and gently placed it on my shoulders. I smiled as I pulled it up more. We resumed walking home.

When we arrived Diluc opened the door for me. I thanked him and stepped through he followed. I took off his jacket and hung it up. I took off my shoes. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Diluc sat next to me putting an arm around my shoulders. The tiredness of walking around all evening setting in my legs. I felt myself getting tired. I felt Diluc move and next I felt him pick me up and carry me to our room he gently layed me on the bed and covered me with the blanket. He grabbed something then stepped out of the room he came back in new clothes. He got in the bed and got under the blanket. I heard him whisper,"Good night darling. I know you've earned a peaceful sleep. I love you Y/N." I mumbled it back and smiled my eyes weighing heavier. He gently kissed my forehead and turned back over. I smiled to myself as I gave into the sleepiness.

Request?