Just hurts- Itto X Reader

(There's a little hint of angst in this one but it's mostly fluff)

  "Hey Y/N, have you seen the boss today?" Shinobu asked walking over to me. I shook my head,"I only saw him this morning when he left. Haven't seen him since." She sighed,"I really need to talk to him. Tell him that if you see him alright, please." I nodded and smiled,"I will don't worry." She smiled back under her mask and walked off. I looked down, now that Shinobu brought it up it was actually starting to worry me. It was late afternoon and Itto left as the sun was rising, that was a long time and ge never even mentioned where he was going and if Shinobu doesn't know, that most likely means no one else will either. 'I'm probably just over thinking. Itto's strong he can defend himself, against monsters that is.' I tried to calm myself down but my mind just sprouted new possibilities. I started walking to try and clear my head.

  'Oh Archons what if he got caught by the authorities? What if he is somewhere hurt and no one finds him? What if-' I was immediately snapped out of my thoughts and relieved as I saw a familiar Oni down the path a little way. He was acting kinda weird but in the moment I didn't realize I instantly ran up to him and hugged him tightly,"Itto oh I'm so happy you're okay." He hugged back but not his usual bear hug."Oh hey Y/N what're you doing over here?" His tone wasn't happy or energetic like his normal self."Did something happen while you were out?" I asked subtlety sounding worried,"No I'm fine why do you ask?" I shook my head my mind clouding with new things to worry about."Nothing let's just get back." He nodded and we started walking. He didn't even try to hold my hand, I started worrying more as we walked more.

   When we got back I couldn't help but feel like Itto was gone even when he does get sad he's usually acting like himself again soon after, but he's just not. Shinobu had talked to him about what she wanted and by her facial expressions she knew something weird was up to. 'Maybe he's just having a bad day, or maybe something happened to him while he was out. Should I ask him about it? Should I wait? If I wait will Shinobu ask him? Maybe I should ask Granny Oni to talk to him. How bad could it have been if he won't even tell me his partner?' My head started to feel like it was spinning. I decided I would get him somewhere pri ate where he could open up without the other gang members seeing him. I know he cares about looking strong and tough.

    The sun had began to set washing over Inazuma with hues of orange,pink, and red across the sky. I looked around for Itto and saw him sitting away from the others, which was obviously unusual. I walked over and crouched down to talk to him,"Hey Itto can you follow me real quick?" He seemed to snap out of a trance,"Yeah sure." He stood up and we walked a bit away from the gang. When I could barely see them anymore I sat down and motioned Itto to do the same. He did and we sat in silence for a while I tried to figure out how to bring it up.

   "Itto are your okay? You've been acting out of character all day and it's starting to worry me. Did, did I do something?" He looked scared,"No! I made you feel like you did something. Like you were the problem. I'm sorry! Please forgive me." I was shocked,"Itto no it's just, I was worried about you." I hugged him and he put his head on my shoulder. I heard him start to speak in a meek voice,"When I was gone today, a bunch of people started being hostile towards me. You know like throwing things and yelling at me to go away. But one person just....took it to far. They said,'No one could ever even be near an abomination like you, for to long without feeling tortured just get out of here!' And it didn't bother me at first but then I started thinking about it more and I started thinking about us." He started to cry I held him tighter allowing him to cry into my shirt,"I just didn't know if you actually felt like you were trapped with me. I didn't know if you wanted to leave or...or..." He was hyperventilating so bad he could barely speak. I rubbed his back,"Itto no it's okay they didn't know just how incredible you are. I love spending time with you I could never feel anything but love and admiration for you."

  He continued to cry for a bit while I held him close whispering sweet things and words of affection and affirmation to him. He kept taking deep breaths and calmed down enough. He pulled away from my embrace, I wiped some of his tears off his cheeks and he lightly smiled,"Sorry about your shirt." I shook my head,"I don't care about that, all that matters right now is that you feel better." He nodded,"I do, bit their words, it just hurts sometimes." I kissed his cheek,"And I'll be here to comfort you every time, my one and Oni love." I smiled at the bad pun.Itto smiled too,"Let's get back now the sun has almost completely gone down." I said as I stood up."Oh Y/N there's one last thing I forgot." I turned to him,"What-" I didn't have time to react before Itto picked me up in one of his signature bear hugs tightly,"I'm sorry I didn't give you one today." I smiled,"It's okay but, Itto your hugging me a little tight." He put me back down,"Sorry didn't mean to." I smiled and grabbed his hand intertwining our fingers as we walked.