It Was One Sided- Ninnguang X Reader

(This oneshot is going to be angst. Beidou x Ninnguang will be used.)

I had been working as secretary for ninnguang but, I've been having less than platonic thoughts about her. I've been thinking about how graceful and elegant she looks, how pretty she is, the way she got to where she is by working hard. It's very admirable. I was going to confess to her tonight after work I was nervous but at the same time what if she felt the same way? It was a 50/50 chance I was hoping the odds were in my favor. I was snapped out of my thoughts as another assistant put more papers on my desk."Lady Ninnguang asks to have these done before you leave." I nodded,"I can do that." She smiled and walked away. I rubbed my forehead as I gripped my pen and started to work harder to get done quicker I was letting nothing get in my way.

I sighed as I looked back at the stack I had been working on it was about half way done and the sun was already getting close to setting. I still needed to buy some things to make sure the confession was perfect. I wanted to buy her a nice hair pin and some glaze lilies. I continued to work through the papers. My eyes were starting to get tired but I pushed through. Ninnguang wanted them done I wasn't going to let her down. My hand started to hurt from writing so much, I put down my pen stretching and rubbing my aching hand. I take I take in a deep breath and begin to write again. I try not to let my mind drift to how beautiful I think Ninnguang is its kind of a challenge to be honest.

I lean back in my chair as I dot the last period on the last piece of paper and set it in the finished pile. I organize my desk a little before I stand up stretching again. I make sure everything is in place as I grab my bag and the papers I had finished. I walked out of my office to a little space where you set all finished paper work. I set it down making it neat and proper. I wave to some late working colleagues as I exit the building. I had been working all day and I was tired but there was still a big thing to do, my confession. I walked along the stone paths by bubu pharmacy looking at the big building as I past it. I planned to but some glaze lilies then buy the hair piece at Mingxing jewelry. I walked down the harbor's main street thinking about what I would say. I was also thinking about her reaction. Did she like me too? She always took time to listen to my ideas or just talk to me in general, she'd always smile at me, compliment me. She even notice small changes like if I changed the color of my nail polish she would notice, if I had gotten a trim or cut on my hair she'd notice. It seemed like she at least liked me. I saw the flower shop grow close as I was lost in my thoughts. I walked up and asked for a bouquet of glaze lilies. The owner smiled as she handed them to me and I paid for them. I held them as I went back to thinking.

I sighed then saw Mingxing jewelry was not far. I quickly walked over and asked Xingxi about their hair pieces she pulls out a small box and sets it on the counter removing the lid carefully. I looked closely, examining them. One caught my gaze. It was gold and had painted black designs and cor lapis was embedded at the top. My eyes looked a little widened in the reflection of the glass and gem I pointed,"I really like that one." Xingxi smiled,"What an extravagant choice! You have good taste." She carefully picked it up and placed into in a box and wrapped it up. She handed it to me with a smile. I handed her the payment for it. She said a goodbye as she placed the lid on the box and put it back. I smiled as I walked away. I heard earlier that Ninnguang was going to listen to a story with tea at the place near Wamin restaurant. I walked over that way growing nervous with every step.

I was looking at the ground in front of me when I heard laughing and voices. It sounded like Ninnguang. I smiled as I looked up I regretted it though. Ninnguang was sitting next to captain Beidou.'Maybe they're just hanging out as friends.' I tried to convince myself but I knew it wasn't true, because I saw Ninnguang kiss Beidou's cheek. Beidou smiled and returned the gesture. I couldn't move I could only watch as the woman I had developed feelings for was happy and in love with someone else. I didn't even realize my eyes were getting watery. Tears slowly pooled over and ran down my face. I dropped the gifts I had been holding. I took a sharp breath in as I quickly started to make my way home. How could I have been so stupid!? I was a fool all the things she did and said it was nice but the love, it was one sided.

Requests?