Fluffy Love- Xiao X Reader

(Modern AU)

I smiled as I swung my legs going higher on the swing. I saw Xiao next to me,"Be careful don't go to high Y/N." I playfully rolled my eyes,"Oh come on Xiao live a little." He sighs. I see something move out the corner of my eyes. I see a cat poke it's head out of the bushes. I stop swing my legs dragging my shoes on the ground to stop faster. "Xiao look!" I point to it. He follows my instruction and starts to walk over. "Xiao stop you don't know if it's aggressive." He turns his head,"What? I'm just living a little." He says with sass. I roll my eyes and smile. I follow him and slowly approach the cat. I stick my hand out slowly letting it sniff me it does and rubs its head against my hand. "Aww it's so cute!" I look for a collar but can't find one. Xiao crouches down and the cat immediately goes over to Xiao completely forgetting about me. Xiao started petting."We should take it to the shelter to see if it's alright to keep." I looked at him. And smiled,"Come on then." Xiao gently picked the cat up and followed me."I'm driving." I said happily and Xiao says jokingly,"Oh if you're driving I must be living on the edge." I look at him and see him giggle quietly.

I opened the car door and got in Xiao sat in the passenger seat with the cat in his lap. I drive to the animal shelter. We walked in with Xiao holding the cat. We explained the situation to the person at the counter. They said they would do a check up. We sat in the waiting area for about 10 minutes. When they called our names we walked back up the the counter the worker told us,"Everything is completely fine it's only a little underweight which will be no problem to fix. Would you like to keep him or do you want us to keep him?" I looked at Xiao and we both say we would like to keep him. The worker nods and we fill out some paper work that deals with stuff like vet arrangements. We had to decide a name for the cat to fully register him."How about we name him Almond?" I say to Xiao. He smiles," I like it." After everything was done we left the shelter."Now we go to the pet store." We both get into the car Xiao still holding the cat. I drove to the pet store.

When we arrived me and Xiao went inside with Almond. I made a mental list. We needed some cat food, a bowl, some toys, and a collar. Xiao took Almond to the toy aisle while I looked at the food and bowls. I had picked out some and went to find Xiao. When I passed an aisle and saw him he was holding Almond out and grabbing any toy he smacked with his paw. I giggled and walked over to him. When he noticed me he quickly blushed and started acting like he hadn't just been doing that. I smiled and told him,"OK let's pick out a collar and go home." He nodded and we went to look. We were looking at all the options and I saw a bowtie one I grabbed it and showed Xiao. He nodded and we made our way to the check out counter. We paid and left the store. We got in the car and left.

Once we were home I carried all the bags in while Xiao carried his new found best friend. I set up Almond's food bowl and when I looked over he was on Xiao's chest cuddling with him. I walked over and laughed,"You love that cat more than me." I smiled. "No I don't he can't make almond tofu with me." I smiled and sat on the couch with him. We started talking about random things. Xiao was petting Almond and he stopped subconsciously and as soon as he did Almond tapped him on the nose. I smiled,"Awww so cute." Xiao only looked away with a red face. We started talking again and then the topic of food came up. Xiao held up Almond and said in a fake voice"Y/N you should make almond tofu with Xiao." I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Come on cat addict." I say to him. Xiao quickly says following me,"I am not an addict." "Xiao you're literally carrying him now when you said you were gonna help me with almond tofu." Xiao looks down and sees the cat in his arms and sets him on the counter,"Nuh uh." I only smiled and rolled my eyes going back to what I was doing.

After the almond tofu was done me and Xiao were eating and chatting. After we were done we were sitting on the couch with Almond on Xiao's chest. Me and Xiao were talking when randomly Almond put his paw over Xiao's mouth in a shushing motion. I giggled,"Looks like he wants to sleep." Xiao only nodded I put on a random movie and layed with Xiao while our new friend took a nap. I only smiled happily hugging Xiao as best I could without disturbing Almond.

Request?
Tysm for over 60 reads!