Chapter 1

I don't want to die. At least not right now being way too young. But how young am I anyway? A few days ago I was still a 16 year old boy but one day I just opened my eyes and found myself in the body of a 5 year old. So am I still 16? Or am I 5 years old? No that can't be! I don't want to do everything over again. School was horrible but I always thought that it was okay to do it once and then never have to do it again. When I saw children going home from school I thought to myself: thank god I don't have to go through it again. But now I had to!

The life of a 5 year old is terribly boring. I can't go anywhere alone because people are so afraid that I will hurt myself or get lost or even kidnapped. Leave me alone! I am a grown man! Well, at least I used to be one. A very happy one nonetheless. I wasn't someone famous or important but I had my little daily routine and I followed it thoroughly. I had some good friends and wanted to go back to see them. Who was going to water my plants and pay for my apartment while I was here? I couldn't wait to open my eyes and see my old room but unfortunately this never happened.

Day after day I woke up in this small body and was forbidden to do anything interesting. People weren't even nice to me. They were as polite as you would be to someone who pays you but I felt that they couldn't care less about what happened to me. During those boring days I nonetheless discovered some things about this boring body. His name was Eschyle and he was the son of a certain Duke that I never saw because he was away for the moment doing who knows what a Duke does.

The name of this body was familiar but I didn't realize it immediately. Maybe it was the boredom but it took me a few days to glue the pieces together. Everything fell into place the moment I saw him: Cadmael. He was a 4 year old boy with dark hair and golden eyes. His body was terribly skinny and his huge eyes looked as if they were going to fall out of his face at any moment. Even like that, he was breathtaking. A true male lead. Surrounded by five bullies, he looked at them without any emotion, waiting for what they would do. He was in danger and yet it looked as if they would start running away anytime soon.

That's when I understood. I transmigrated into my sister's book! She always loved reading romance novels and I really liked it when she came into my room to talk to me about her favorite characters. She always had a huge smile on her face and talked as if they really existed. I never really was an extrovert but hearing her speak, I wanted to know them.

Even though it sounded impossible, that's where I was: in a book. A romance between the male lead, Cadmael and the female lead Diana. The first one was the hidden child of the emperor and had been sent to the Duke to grow up without anyone knowing the truth. Diana on the other hand was the fiancé of Eschyle and the first love of Cadmael. They would meet in college and it would be love at first sight. Unfortunately life wasn't that easy for them, according to my sister, it wouldn't be fun that way.

In fact, Eschyle grew up with Cadmael and he didn't know he was a prince. Therefore, Eschyle spent all his childhood tormenting the poor prince. This abuse continued during college and got even worse when Eschyle discovered that his fiance was in love with Cadmael. Was he in love with Diana? According to my sister Eschyle was a poor child who had been neglected and who didn't know anything about human relations. She believed that he really liked Diana and felt inferior to Cadmael therefore tormenting him the way he did.

I didn't agree with my sister but I didn't read the book so my arguments were quite weak compared to hers. Anyway, at the end of the book, Eschyle went over the top and killed Diana after discovering Cadmael was the prince. He couldn't bear the thought of losing her to him and decided to kill her. My sister cried a lot but couldn't bring herself to hate Eschyle because she felt that he was in pain too. At the time I just raised my eyebrows and confronted her without saying a word but I still hated the guy. How could you kill someone you love?