Link

A sharp pain came from the square in Link's neck.

    "Just do it," Zelda said upon seeing the pain in his face.

    Link looked back at the man. He looked smug, chin lifted. Link didn't want to fight like this infront of Zelda.

    The pain grew until Link couldn't take it anymore. He pulled the shield on his arm and picked up the Master Sword. Its glow brightened when Link's hand closed around the hilt.

    Zelda backed up, the pain dulled. The man unsheathed his sword and dipped into a fighting stance. Link vowed not to draw this man's blood  infront of Zelda.

    The man took the first swing, but Link easily deflected with his shield. Link stepped around the man, trying to get his blade away from Zelda. The man followed the bait, lunging for Link, who sidestepped and hit the man's backside with the flat part of his sword.

    When the man was looking at Link, Link swung his sword in easily-blocked ways while pushing the man into a corner. When the man realized this, he swung at Link's feet. He jumped back, forced to give his opponent more room.

    The man changed tactics and went for Zelda. He slashed his sword at her, and Zelda held her hands up in an instinctual way. Link gasped, running for her. Right before the man's sword hit her, a golden light appeared like a shield. The man stopped his swing, spun, and brought his sword down on Link's back, cutting deep.

    Link growled, not from the pain, but from the anger of being tricked like this. He turned, eyeing the smirking man. He roared as he went for the man, backflipped away from his swing. Time slowed down. Link connected his sword with the man's mid-swing. He twisted his wrist, making the man drop his blade, and Link threw off his shield all in one motion. He caught the man's sword, positioned it behind the man's back, and touched the Master Sword to his neck.

    He wasn't so smug now that he was pinned between two blades. He held his hands up in surrender. "You win."

    Link let the man leave through the cracked-open door. It shut too quick to prop open with one of the swords.

    "Link, your back," Zelda gasped.

    Link turned, trying not to let her see the bloody mess, but it was no use, thanks to the mirrors. He dropped the swords and the smock fell off his body. Link was greatful he still had his underwear when his face went red. He saw Zelda blush, too, in the mirrors. Link started to get dizzy from the amount of blood loss - and maybe embarrassment - and he started to sway.

    Zelda took a step closer, but Link help up a hand to stop her. He picked up the Master Sword. Link would have to use Mipha's Grace to heal himself. He needed to let Jenkins think the power belongs to the sword.

    Link felt a tingle in his back indicating the gash was healing. He saw Zelda watching the mirror in awe. When he was fully healed, Link set the sword on the table.

    "It is my pleasure," Mipha whispered in his ear.

    "Are you okay?" Zelda asked, unable to hear Mipha.

    Link nodded. He walked over to Zelda when a hissing sound started up. He looked around for the source of the hissing. Zelda took his hand into hers.

    Link gave a small squeeze as a foul oder filled the room. Link's eyelids became heavy, his body weak. He looked over to Zelda. She was struggling to stay awake, too. Eventually, she collapsed into Link's arms. He eased her to the floor.

    The room became foggy. Link fell the rest of the way down. He opened his eyes one last time to see Jenkins wearing a strange mask standing over him. Then his eyes shut, unable to open again.