Zelda

Link's hair was silky and soft. He was warm and comforting, his kiss gentle. How long Zelda dreamed of this moment, and it finally came.

    Any doubt she had of Link not liking her vanished. He wanted her, and she wanted him. For now, that's all that mattered.

    Zelda lifted on her toes, stretching up to Link. She broke the kiss only for air, then dived back in. She was safe in his arms, comforted and loved. Her heart beat fast, completely lost in the bliss.

    Then something wet rubbed against Zelda's cheek. She jumped back, finding Epona nuzzling Link's head.

    Link chuckled and pushed Epona away. He dropped his hands, then smiled at Zelda. It was the biggest, happiest smile she had ever seen spread across his face.

    "Let's go," Zelda chirped. She rounded to Epona's side.

    Link mounted first, then held his hand out to her. She took it and climbed on behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist. Link snapped the reins and they took off, racing down the hill and across Hyrule.

    Zelda beamed, overjoyed her little secret was out. She kissed Link's jawline just because she could now. Link's face lit up, placing his hand over hers. She rested her head on Link's back, watching the land zoom by.

    Lake Kolomo came into view way too fast. Zelda straightened upon seeing the Zora already standing in formation. Rito archers flew over the treetops while Gorons rolled on the ground, sending small tremors. Riju led the Gerudos to stand beside the Zoras.

    Epona slowed to a trot, then came to a stop infront of the warriors. Link and Zelda dismounted, counting the ranks. It was a little shocking how small their forces were. Before the Calamity, each race had thousands of warriors. Now they only had a thousand combined.

    "Thank you all for coming," Zelda started. During her bath, she had time to think up a plan. Now it was time to share it and take action. "I will never be able to repay you. Poe was an evil man. He captured people from different worlds to experiment on them, to torture them. We know very little about the structure of their operation or their building. You must stick together in small groups, mark where you have been.

    "The world we are about to step foot in has technology unlike our own. Getting close to the enemies will be hard, but they are helpless without their strange weapons. Stay on your guard.

    "Gorons, you will be placed on the roof. Gerudos, you will be in the reaserch wing. Take back everything on the tables in those rooms. Ritos, your job is to free those trapped in these one-way-window cubes. Zoras, you will go to the place Link and I first appeared in. They will attack you, but make your way out. Link and I will help wherever we can while placing remote bombs around the infrastructure." Zelda turned to Link, hoping this was okay. He nodded, stone-faced once again. "Each of you will be given a limited supply of bombs to place as well. Work your way down and out. Our overall goal is to liberate the people Poe stole, then tear the building down."

    "We've got this!" Sidon yelled after Zelda's speech. He began to cheer, then the people behind him joined in chanting, "Zo-ra! Zo-ra! Zo-ra!"

    The Gerudos thumped their spears on the ground, the Gorons beat their chests, and the Rito took flight. Terrako whooped and came to Zelda's side. Zelda beamed, feeling the most hope she ever had fill her being. They could do this.

    Link started pulling blue bombs from the Sheikah Slate, passing them out to each person.

    "Terrako," Zelda said to the little machine. "The rooftop please."

    Terrako whistled and shot a beam of light. It grew into a portal as it hit a sturdy tree.

    The Gorons curled into balls, then rolled through the portal. One Goron wearing Daruk's Champion's garb lingered behind. This must be Yunobo. He was smaller than the others like him, and he was shaking. He bit on his fingers and gently held his bomb.

    "You've got this," Zelda said to him. She gave him an encouraging smile. "We're right behind you."

    "I've got this," Yunobo repeated in a rather high voice. He took a few deep breaths. "I've got this." With that, he walked through the portal, and Terrako closed it behind him.

    "Reaserch wing," Zelda told Terrako. He created another portal, and the Gerudos marched through, Riju proudly leading them.

    Next went the Ritos, then the Zoras. Finally, it was time for Zelda to go through.

    Terrako created the last portal, jumping through. Zelda took Link's hand, intertwining their fingers. She took a deep breath, then stepped back into that awful place.