Zelda

Link ran into the center of the village as a bomb arrow burst in the sky. Zelda couldn't let him go alone. She could help.

    Zelda raced after him. When she slipped between the shops and houses and saw the scene before her, she stopped short.

    Poe stood firm in the middle of the chaos. The few members of the Sheikah tribe that had some knowledge of swordsmenship were trying to get close to him, but were always pushed back by the small object in Poe's hand. Loud bangs reverberated in the air and tiny black dots zipped from the object. No one had time to push towards Poe, they were so busy dodging the black dots.

    Impa was the closest person to Zelda. She stood still, concentrating on controlling the blue copies of herself, but they kept disappearing in blue puffs whenever they were struck with a black dot.

    Terrako left Zelda's side to join in the fight. He and Link were the least affected by the black dots. Zelda watched Link deflect and press foward. She couldn't leave this task to him alone.

    Without thinking, Zelda ran to Link's side. She called upon her power and made her own little forcefield, looking to Link. He motioned with his head to round to Poe's backside. She nodded. Moving through the battle, she flinched with each bang. Only once did it stop. Zelda looked to see Poe reloading the horrible object in his hand. Her eyes moved to Link.

    Zelda watched as Link readied a blow, but he was too far to actually hit Poe. When he swung, lightning shot from the sky, striking the evil man. Poe's body violently shook as a bone-rattling cry came from his mouth. His eyes rolled back into his head and he fell to the ground.

    Zelda jumped back, terror-stricken, but also relieved. She could feel the people around her relax as well.

    "Is he. . . ?" Zelda trailed off.

    "Not yet," Link said. He stepped next to Poe's limp body, gripped the Master Sword with both hand, and prepared to swing.

    "Wait!" came Impa's voice. She came to stand across from them. Link let his arms drop some. "This man has many more like you trapped in his realm. You need to question him if you truly want to defeat him."

    "But we have Terrako," Zelda protested. She wanted Poe dead. Now. "He can take us back to help the others."

    "Yes," Impa drawled like she was speaking to a child. "However, his followers will continue to terrorize innocent people. You must know how he operates."

    Link dropped his arms completely. "She's right."

    Zelda knew this, too. She stared down at Poe, wishing everything wasn't so complicated. They couldn't keep him here, in Kakariko. They needed to put high security on him, with top-notch confinement.

    "We need to take him to Gerudo Desert," Zelda stated. Link's and Impa's eyes snapped to hers. "They are the strongest group of warriors and will know how to question him."

    Link nodded. He sheathed the Master Sword and pulled out the Shaikah Slate. Zelda watched his fingers put commands in, and in a second she felt weightless.

    Poe, Link, and Zelda were off to Gerudo Town.